PDA

View Full Version : DS has a new found ability to totally switch personalities on me....help

HIU8
09-03-2008, 03:29 PM
My almost 4 year old DS has turned into a jekle and hyde child. His personality can go from extremely needy to super obnoxious. He can cry that he needs me (usually when he wants something--and it is a temper tantrum cry). Later, DS will talk back to me, yell, knock over DD and be generally uncooperative. Even when he is doing what I want/need him to do, he is obnoxious about it while he is doing it. Is this normal for this age? I'm about to go crazy :32:

lablover
09-03-2008, 04:06 PM
Unfortunately i think it's typical for the age. The obnoxious part at least. My DS developed an attitude out of nowhere right around 4. Wouldn't listen, started talking back, etc. Then it eased up a few months but has recently revved up again, and he'll be 5 in October. It's maddening, isn't it?

HIU8
09-03-2008, 04:08 PM
There are some days that between the crying and leeching on to me and the yelling, talking back general nasty behavior that I just want to sign DS up for military school, pack him up and drop him off at the gate!

ellies mom
09-03-2008, 06:52 PM
Yep, this was the age that gave me a new found understanding of why the moms in the 50's spent the afternoons drinking or taking tranquilizers. The whole thing just came from no where and I'm hoping it will leave with her 5th birthday.