PDA

View Full Version : Motherhood Maternity sucks

Edensmum
09-03-2008, 06:41 PM
I got a couple of tops there last week. They told me I only had ten days to do returns. I thought that was bad, but went on my way. After looking at one top once home I decided it wasn't going to work it's black and white but a funny redish black so it won't actually match any black pants.
So I go in today, only 4 days later. They will exchange it but they do not do returns. She said many stores are starting to do this. So I told her we would not be back. Any store that wants my business will stand behind their products and allow a reasonable amount of time for actual returns. What a ridiculous policy!

sidmand
09-03-2008, 07:17 PM
Their return policy is awful but they usually make you initial something on the receipt that spells out their policy. If they told you 10 days when you bought it, I would think they need to stand by that for this purchase. Especially if that's what it says on the receipt. Did you have to do that in this case?

We were just talking about bad return policies and I guess they don't want you to wear maternity clothes and bring them back to "return" when you're done. But 10 days was bad enough. Especially if you have another DC. I don't get to try on anything any more!

ZeeBaby
09-03-2008, 07:28 PM
Their return policy in the store is really bad. They actually have a better policy at Macys and online. I believe you get 30 days with both. I was able to do returns at Macys' with no problem. The policy at pea in the pod and mimimaternity is the same too.

JBaxter
09-03-2008, 07:30 PM
Thats been their return policy for along time. She should have had you initial your recipt. We have the outlet version here and its one of the only places to buy maternity clothes. Target stuff shrinks horrible IMO.

trales
09-03-2008, 07:32 PM
I avoided them and did all Gap, Penny's, target and consignment. Penny's is great, you order it all online, try it on at home and return what you don't like to the store.

August Mom
09-03-2008, 08:09 PM
Kohls is the best for a maternity return policy - no time limit. JCP is pretty good too - 90 days. And, Gap is 90 days (and free returns when you order on-line - either return to the store or use the pre-paid mailing label).

JTsMom
09-03-2008, 08:56 PM
Motherhood is awful- along with their other stores, Mimi and Pea in the Pod. Aside from their pathetic cs, the quality is poor, and they sell all of your info to formula companies. I bought stuff there, and at Gap. The Gap stuff I bought in the begining of my pg. It all held up beautifully. The Motherhood stuff is all trashed. I will never shop there again.

WatchingThemGrow
09-03-2008, 08:56 PM
I've actually gotten them to return/exchange something beyond the 10 days, but they were 2 prs of underwear that RIPPED during the 3rd week. Huge holes in 2 pairs - from Mimi. I had to talk to a supervisor, and be really firm about it, but it worked. They were defective, but I had to fight.

Could you just exchange it for a nursing/sleep bra you'll need later?

eta: I had to call CS and talk to a supervisor on the phone to get the store to take them back.

MamaMolly
09-03-2008, 10:16 PM
I hate the frickin-frackin tags on the sides of the Motherhood shirts. You can cut them, rip them pick them out and the place still itches to death. Just what you need when preggers or nursing! UGH!

And their nursing bras are rubbish. I bought 2 there that were torn up in a matter of weeks. THe only thing I liked there were the support stockings (I had terrible edema) and the sleep bra.

JBaxter
09-03-2008, 10:35 PM
I hate the frickin-frackin tags on the sides of the Motherhood shirts. You can cut them, rip them pick them out and the place still itches to death. Just what you need when preggers or nursing! UGH!

And their nursing bras are rubbish. I bought 2 there that were torn up in a matter of weeks. THe only thing I liked there were the support stockings (I had terrible edema) and the sleep bra.

Talk to your OB mine wrote me a prescription for compression hose. My insurance pd 90% of up to 3 pairs per / prescription.

SnuggleBuggles
09-04-2008, 08:58 AM
And don't forget that they totally sell your personal information too. Youl will soon be overwhelmed with junk mail because of your purchase there if you gave them your personal info. If you have to shop there, which I wouldn't recommend- yay Kohl's, Penney's and Target- pay cash only!

Beth

julymommy
09-04-2008, 12:29 PM
The Macy's near me (Massachusetts and Maine) have a Motherhood department now - and because the "store" is located in Macy's it has the same return policy as Macy's -- returns (cash back) within 60 days - also they don't take any info from you. I only shopped there for clothes - I have to be able to return things - I won't shop at places that don't do returns