PDA

View Full Version : All Politics Aside: Did You Watch The Speech?

Wife_and_mommy
09-04-2008, 12:01 AM
Oh my. I couldn't stop howling at seeing the 8yo DD licking her hand wrist to fingertip and combing the baby's hair with it!!!!!!!!!!:hysterical:

Later, she's seen picking his nose or eye.

Lastly, the future son-in-law, I'm sure, will get a talking-to about chewing gum on stage....

They are one beautiful family.

That's all.

srhs
09-04-2008, 12:17 AM
I thought for sure that was an 'eye crusty.' :-) Maybe that's because DS and Trigg are the same age. It could've been the nose, though. DH and I thought that little girl was adorable; she just kept waving like the applause was all-hers.

edited to delete favorable comment on Palin because OPer said "all politics aside" and I wanted to be respectful :-)

Laurel
09-04-2008, 12:19 AM
Those adorable children were the only this that kept me from changing the channel.

I will say she has some cute kids. Someone should have told the boyfriend to spit out his gum before the speech though!

LarsMal
09-04-2008, 12:29 AM
Oh my. I couldn't stop howling at seeing the 8yo DD licking her hand wrist to fingertip and combing the baby's hair with it!!!!!!!!!!:hysterical:

That was pretty funny!

And, yes, they are one good looking group. I will give her that!

Emmas Mom
09-04-2008, 12:32 AM

That was hillarious! They are defintely a beautiful family & she is striking. Someone said on another thread somewhere that she needed a makeover?? wth? She's very pretty.

ooops...edited my political comment. I guess this is a non political thread. ;)

mommy111
09-04-2008, 12:40 AM
I think they are a very cute family too...did you see little Trig in his little black suit? Adorable!!!!

JMS
09-04-2008, 07:43 AM
I would have had a really hard time saying NO to that guy at 17 myself. :)

eta: did I just type that outloud???? :) :)

MelissaTC
09-04-2008, 07:51 AM
That was hillarious! They are defintely a beautiful family & she is striking. Someone said on another thread somewhere that she needed a makeover?? wth? She's very pretty.

ooops...edited my political comment. I guess this is a non political thread. ;)

I said she needed a makeover. I never said she wasn't pretty. And she looked fantastic last night. I loved the color on her and felt like the style was really flattering.

JBaxter
09-04-2008, 07:56 AM
I thought she have a good speech ( not meant for content but how she came across )and wanted to add that her daughter has the same taste in men as her mom ( rugged outdoorsy rough but cleans up nice look). Her family seemed real not rehearsed and I loved the spit lick on the hair for the baby LOL

ETA I hope all goes well for Bristol 17 and pregnat is not easy even with family behind you.

kcimato
09-04-2008, 08:14 AM
Love the littlest girl. She is always up front waving and looking like she is enjoying every minute.

octmom
09-04-2008, 08:23 AM
I tried. Really I did. But I fell asleep before Palin spoke. I did see several of the others who preceded her.

JTsMom
09-04-2008, 09:12 AM
OMG, that little girl had me in stitches!!!! I loved that! What's her name? Is she Piper or Willow? Did you see her pull McCain aside on stage too? Priceless.

I didn't see the baby in a suit- I saw a brown and blue romper. Did they change his clothes at some point? I couldn't believe he was sleeping through all of that noise and being passed around like he was!

The boyfriend is cute, but as soon as he opened his mouth, it would have ruined it for me (if I were a teen girl), if his myspace page is any indication of his general attitude. I wonder what his parents think of all of this? I haven't heard anything about them. I think I would be less than thrilled if it were my son.

mdb78
09-04-2008, 09:26 AM

We were cracking up too. DD didn't want to go to sleep so she was there with us. DH imitated the 8yo and dd looked at him like what are you doing? :)

Later, she's seen picking his nose or eye.
We immediately thought eye crispies!

That's all.

Yup they are a beautiful family! I wanted to add that in her speech when she was talking about her dh, I felt like she just know she wanted to say "he's my hot stud muffin!"

Happy 2B mommy
09-04-2008, 09:47 AM
Cute family, esp the little girl. They'll give the Obama girls a run for their money. (Hate to say it, but 'cute kids' DO have some weight in elections)

Yeah, the boyfriend needs some grooming if he's going to be in the public eye.

srhs
09-04-2008, 09:56 AM
OMG, that little girl had me in stitches!!!! I loved that! What's her name? Is she Piper or Willow? Did you see her pull McCain aside on stage too? Priceless.

I didn't see the baby in a suit- I saw a brown and blue romper. Did they change his clothes at some point? I couldn't believe he was sleeping through all of that noise and being passed around like he was!

The boyfriend is cute, but as soon as he opened his mouth, it would have ruined it for me (if I were a teen girl), if his myspace page is any indication of his general attitude. I wonder what his parents think of all of this? I haven't heard anything about them. I think I would be less than thrilled if it were my son.

I also only saw the romper. I wanted to ask -- and please don't think me insensitive -- if the baby's contentedness has to do with his Downs. I honestly don't know any babies with Downs, although I've worked with older kids in a school setting. Since DS is the same age as that boy, I know that DS would be screaming at that much noise and hates clapping.

I saw some article (not going to search for it, not important) toting the boyfriend as hot and the kind of guy you're afraid will get your daughter pregnant. Also, the article thought his fishing violation record was cute.

geochick
09-04-2008, 10:37 AM
Watched the speech. Kids were cute. That baby should have been in a bed. That's all I can say.

Emmas Mom
09-04-2008, 11:47 AM
I felt like she just know she wanted to say "he's my hot stud muffin!"

He IS a hottie! ;)

g-mama
09-04-2008, 12:04 PM
Watched the speech. Kids were cute. That baby should have been in a bed. That's all I can say.

Wow. I'm guessing that under normal circumstances, he would be home in bed. His mother was accepting the nomination for the Vice President of the United States, which I think is a reasonable exception to his regular bedtime. Do you disagree? And he wasn't up there flailing around and screaming because he was tired and could not sleep, so why did his presence offend you? Your statement baffles me.

KrystalS
09-04-2008, 01:33 PM
We watched, Piper is just adorable, DH and I couldn't stop laughing when she slicked back Trigg's hair. I just can't help but think about the drastic change that is about to take place for all the kids if McCain is elected. Do you think Bristol will move to DC with her family or stay in Alaska?
I'm probably about to sound totally uneducated but does the VP and family live in the White House too? I honestly can't remember.

egoldber
09-04-2008, 01:38 PM
I'm probably about to sound totally uneducated but does the VP and family live in the White House too? I honestly can't remember.

No, the VP has a separate official residence.

ETA link: http://www.whitehouse.gov/history/life/vpresidence.html

gatorsmom
09-04-2008, 01:49 PM
He IS a hottie! ;)

OOh yeah! Those Palin women sure know how to pick 'em!

I liked her speech. That is all. :)

mommy111
09-04-2008, 02:36 PM

My mistake, no suit, I walked out at the end of the speech cuz DD was calling and when I saw dad holding him it looked like a suit. Very adorable regardless. As was the rest of the family.

TaChapm
09-04-2008, 02:53 PM
LOVED IT!!! I think they are an adorable family and are seem really normal and down to earth!

KBecks
09-04-2008, 03:38 PM
Yeah, the boyfriend needs some grooming if he's going to be in the public eye.

Hopefully he won't be in the public eye so much. I hope that he, and Bristol are given privacy now to get on with their lives.

Oh and I watched the speech. :)

lisams
09-04-2008, 03:54 PM

He was doing the same thing he would have been doing in bed - sleeping. I know when my kiddos were that age they slept in arms probably as much as the did in their crib. Seeing Cindy hold a baby made me dislike her a little less - she seems so cold to me that it was nice seeing her snuggle a sleeping babe.

Wife_and_mommy
09-04-2008, 04:22 PM

Where is his myspace page? None of my business but now you have me curious. It's probably labeled private by now anyway.

KrystalS
09-04-2008, 05:32 PM
I've heard the myspace page is fake. It was created recently after the news came out that Bristol was pregnant.