PDA

View Full Version : Leaving for vacation tomorrow, packing help

trales
09-04-2008, 11:17 AM
We are leaving for Iceland tomorrow for 8 days. And I am trying to pack everyone up, including the doggies (who are going to the farm). Packing for a 17 month old is hard. One outfit per day? What should I bring on the plane? I plan to buy diapers and stuff there. The flight is 5 hours and at 9pm. I am hoping she will sleep.

We are bringing lots of warmer stuff, weather in high 50's, low 60's cool at night.

For me. 4 pairs dark pants, 8 long sleeve tops, 2 cashmere sweaters, a fleece, rain gear and hiking pants.

We are bringing the umbrella stroller and the hiking backpack for DD. I want to put the backpack in the luggage, use the stroller for the airport.

I figure I can buy tylenol, bandaids, diapers, wipes, food there. So I just need enough for the flight.

I hate overpacking and having too much stuff. We want to make it with a meduim suitcase and a small/med bag. DH is going to have the carryon, and I will have the diaper bag.

Help me motivate and organize. What am I missing? What will I forget?(yes I want you to read into my future:jammin:).

Thanks

LBW
09-04-2008, 12:41 PM
Can I just say that I am SO jealous. I've always wanted to go to Iceland.

egoldber
09-04-2008, 01:22 PM
Based on my recent flight experience, I would bring more diapers than you think you'll need.

I would probably bring one outfit per day plus a spare for the little one. Make one of those outfits do double duty as the "spare" outfit for the plane.

Make sure all meds are in your carry-on. Remember that all liquids in your carry-on (other than prescription meds) need to be less than 4 ounces.

Don't forget your passports. ;)

gatorsmom
09-04-2008, 01:25 PM
Tracy,
I have a packing list that I keep on my computer (actually i have different packing lists depending on where we are going). Obviously not all things you will need or will apply to your family, but it might give you some ideas. I'll try to send you a pm with it.