PDA

View Full Version : Who has a pair of Uggs??

newmomto1
09-04-2008, 05:03 PM
I've wanted a pair for the past couple years..
I just finally splurged & ordered the "classic tall" boots from Zappos.
http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/22954792/c/278.html
I've never tried them on or anything.
I noticed it said:
"The 'Classic Tall' is a surf-inspired boot made for walking on sand. Boots are not intended for snow and are not waterproof."
Just curious how they'll hold up if they DO get wet.
I am in the midwest...no sand here ;) & I do plan to wear them in the winter (not that I plan to be hiking in the snow or anything...just carting the kids around to their various activities :)
I just think these look so cute & comfy!
Also, can you roll/cuff the tops of these down to make them a little shorter & expose the fur lining if you want????
TIA!

dotgirl
09-04-2008, 05:25 PM
I have a pair - I have the mini, which is basically the Classic with a shorter boot shaft.

I love them. Wearing them is like being carried around by tiny angels.

I have gotten mine wet with no ill effects - the suede is slightly discoloured, but it's hardly noticeable. I have the suede cleaner, but have never bothered to use it.

newmomto1
09-04-2008, 05:34 PM
I have a pair - I have the mini, which is basically the Classic with a shorter boot shaft.

I love them. Wearing them is like being carried around by tiny angels.

I have gotten mine wet with no ill effects - the suede is slightly discoloured, but it's hardly noticeable. I have the suede cleaner, but have never bothered to use it.

Oooooh!
I am excited!
I think I'll really like being carried around by little angels!
;)

KrystalS
09-04-2008, 05:35 PM
I spray mine with Scotchguard. They have held up great, and I wore them in the snow several times last year.

Nooknookmom
09-04-2008, 07:38 PM
I love my short ones too - but over 2 yrs they have streched out a bit & I have to wear them w/ socks now ;(

ThreeofUs
09-04-2008, 08:09 PM
I have a pair that has always been used here in NE Ohio. Snow and cold don't bother me when my feet are so comfy and warm! They show very little wear, and I've had them for about 6 years.

Happy Mommy
09-04-2008, 08:24 PM
I have never had a problem wearing them in the snow. In fact that's what I bought them for (even though I knew they were originally created as surf wear). I have shoveled snow in them, taken winter walks in the forest preserve with no ill effects.

Just make sure you don't wear socks with them!

You will LOVE them!! :)

newmomto1
09-04-2008, 09:26 PM
Just make sure you don't wear socks with them!

What happens if you wear socks with them????

MamaMolly
09-04-2008, 10:16 PM
I have a pair that lace up and look like...well...what I think of as lumberjack boots. They are super soft and comfy inside and I wore them all winter when we lived in Chicago. I didn't know the first thing about Uggs when I bought them on 80% clearance at DSW.

And I wore them with socks, so I've got to hear why aren't you supposed to wear them with socks?

Happy Mommy
09-05-2008, 01:06 AM
I'm sorry, I should have been more specific. From my understanding and experience, one of the great aspects of Uggs is that they are so insulating yet breathable that you do not NEED to wear socks. They just feel terrific without them! :)

I also wondered if maybe that is why one poster mentioned their Uggs stretched out over the season (if the socks interfered with creating a form fit). Neither my husband nor I ever wear socks with our Uggs and we have never had a problem with the fit changing.

So...sorry for the confusion! I just know that going sockless with that cozy interior is a real treat in the winter. :)

Happy Mommy
09-05-2008, 01:08 AM
Oh man, I am really out to lunch today! I completely misunderstood the poster who said that her Uggs got stretched out and that NOW she has to wear socks.

Okay...time to go to bed. :)

bubbaray
09-05-2008, 01:15 AM
I want the Ultras:

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/22928105/c/278.html

I almost got them last winter. I should have, I still love the look, ugly as they are!

newmomto1
09-05-2008, 03:13 PM
They're here....
I LOVE them!!!!!!!!!!!!
:)

newmomto1
09-05-2008, 03:14 PM
I want the Ultras:

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/22928105/c/278.html

I almost got them last winter. I should have, I still love the look, ugly as they are!

I love the look of those also...they me be in my future ;)

lmwbasye
09-05-2008, 03:30 PM
OMG...I want some!!!

citymama
09-06-2008, 02:14 AM
Ooh, glad you started this thread. I've been eyeing Uggs for years - the Shorts. Just wondering whether they wear over your jeans or can be worn under boot-cut jeans. They look too bulky to wear under jeans - any IRL experience with the Short/Classic version?

Also - any other recommendations about where to buy other than Zappos - with better prices? I remember seeing them in Manhattan for around $100 but now I'm on the other end of the country...Thanks!

dotgirl
09-06-2008, 03:00 AM
I tried the shorts, but hated the way they looked under my jeans - and really hated the way my jeans looked tucked into them. I wound up going with the mini - which I'm wearing right now. I love them. Seriously. I'm so mad I waited so long to buy a pair.

citymama
09-07-2008, 02:37 AM
Maybe the Mini is the way to go....I've seen people wearing their jeans tucked into Uggs and think it looks way too dorky for me. Thanks for the feedback!

niccig
09-07-2008, 02:43 AM
I have to laugh at the Ugg craze. I grew up with them as slippers in Australia, that's what they first made, and I just can't wear them outside the house. I feel like I'm in my pajamas or something. They are comfortable though. Mmmm, maybe I'll have to get over my pajama phobia, the styles are much nicer now.