PDA

View Full Version : The Nursery

ThreeofUs
09-04-2008, 06:51 PM
A while ago, I posted to ask folks' ideas about how to decorate the nursery. Thought I'd show you how far it's gotten, now that I'm 2-3 weeks away from birth. :hysterical: Can I laugh *and* cry hysterically at the same time?

MontrealMum
09-04-2008, 07:03 PM
Oh, Ivy...so you decided to go with a blue/yellow Ikea-like builder theme? Good choice :p

I couldn't resist. Things didn't look *quite* like that around here 2-3 weeks before, but we had no furniture - which was pretty stressful, so I can empathize. Seriously, though, love love love all the hardwood and fireplace in there. I'm sure it will be beautiful when it's done.

ThreeofUs
09-04-2008, 07:12 PM
Oh, Ivy...so you decided to go with a blue/yellow Ikea-like builder theme? Good choice :p

Thanks, Molly! NOW I'm really laughing!!! Yeah, love the mottled color of the walls - supposed to be very good developmentally, don't you think?!?!

elliput
09-04-2008, 10:15 PM
Hmmm, throw a crib in there and it's perfect! I like that you did not go with anything really cutsie. :jammin:

MontrealMum
09-04-2008, 10:20 PM
Remember, less is more...I'm sure there is some study, somewhere about "growing" smart kids. I seem to remember an episode of Cheers about Frasier and Lilith, though I think that centered on really boring mobiles ;)

JTsMom
09-05-2008, 10:33 AM
I know you must be stressing out, but on the plus side, the fireplace and moldings are beautiful, so at least you have good stuff to work with! It will get done, and I'm sure you know the baby won't care if it's not ready on day 1 anyway (not that it makes it any better for you though!)

With DS, I was so upset b/c we moved one month before my due date. The move just trashed me physically, and I ended up on bedrest until the end. I freaked out every single day, and drove DH totally batty with my honey-do lists. I had to nest vicariously through him. LOL

maestramommy
09-05-2008, 01:17 PM
It's a great room though! The day before you come home, have your Dh bung everything into boxes, and haul them to the curb! Thrown in the crib, and you're good to go!

:hug:It'll all work out somehow

Melanie
09-06-2008, 01:45 AM
Awesome! Bob The Builder Theme, eh?

What a gorgeous room, though.

ThreeofUs
09-06-2008, 10:16 AM
Thanks so much for the funnies and support! DH actually primed most of the room Friday, and thinks he'll finish today and be painting it maybe tomorrow.

I'll post pictures when it's cleaned up - I owe him that! ;)

mommy111
09-07-2008, 02:37 PM
Oh heck! And I thought you were just going with a boy-ish decor because you didn't want to be cutesy.

Happy 2B mommy
09-08-2008, 03:31 PM
ROTFL!
Get it done. I was still painting the %x*$f#@ mural in the nursery a week PAST my due date. DD did not show up until d a y s after it was done. The night before I finially went into labor I walked around the nursery and showed my big, preggo belly that the room was FINALLY done and begged c'mon out, PLEASE!

Seriously, it really didn't make too big of a difference. DD slept in our room the first 5 or 6 months anyway.