PDA

View Full Version : A fun little poll

trales
09-05-2008, 09:25 AM
I like to clean from top to bottom, so it is nice when we come home, new sheets, towels, clean floors, vacuum etc. Does not always happen but that is my goal. What do you do? I am the crazy one.

Edited: b/c I got confused how to do a poll

elliput
09-05-2008, 09:29 AM
I like coming home to a clean house also. :)

o_mom
09-05-2008, 09:38 AM
I think you need "other" in your poll. Before kids, I cleaned before we left. Now, I'm lucky if we have the path to the door, as much as it bugs me. There is just no way to get the house ready with three kids under 5. Last time we went on a trip, I even left a day earlier than DH in hopes that at the very least he would clean up the kitchen before he left - nope, came home to dirty dishes in the sink <sigh>.

WatchingThemGrow
09-05-2008, 09:41 AM
This is the new me answering - yes, top to bottom cleaning. I'm also hiring a packing fairy to get everything ready.

lorinick
09-05-2008, 10:20 AM
I always clean the whole house from top to bottom. Minus the sheets in less they were due to be changed. I'll kill myself to get it down. There is nothing like coming home to a clean home. It's bad enough you come home with dirty clothes.

lizajane
09-05-2008, 10:28 AM
my "other" answer would be clean house top to bottom if i had my way, but it just can't happen because i am responsible for packing everyone, cleaning up after everyone and sometimes getting dogs ready for us to be gone.

egoldber
09-05-2008, 10:34 AM
I "prefer" to clean, but 90% of the time I am the latter camp. :ROTFLMAO:

The ULTIMATE is when the cleaning people come while we are away. Then not only is is cleared, but shiny clean. Love that!

sarahsthreads
09-05-2008, 10:54 AM
my "other" answer would be clean house top to bottom if i had my way, but it just can't happen because i am responsible for packing everyone, cleaning up after everyone and sometimes getting dogs ready for us to be gone.
:yeahthat:
DH packs *his* clothes and declares himself ready to go, and wants to know how much longer I need. It used to infuriate me, but I've decided starting every trip furious isn't much fun. ;)

Now at least if I'm very specific (load and run the dishwasher, vacuum the living room, etc.) I can get him to do some of the necessary things to come home to a cleaner house, even if it's not spotless...

Sarah :)

mudder17
09-05-2008, 11:09 AM
I hear you! I would LOVE to have the house cleaned from top to bottom, but since DH takes maybe 10 minutes to pack and I spend the night before packing everything else and cleaning what I can, etc. (so yeah, I end up starting the day of the trip with a deficit of sleep, but what else is new?) the real answer is I clean up what I can, make sure the dishes are cleaned out of the sink and dishwasher, make sure there isn't any yucky stuff in the garbage and then just clear up what I can before I go to bed.

kijip
09-05-2008, 11:18 AM
I consider coming home to any sort of mess after vacation to be my own private hell. So we are squarely in the clean the house category.

maestramommy
09-05-2008, 01:09 PM
I vote for the first choice, although clean from top to bottom might be an exaggeration:loveeyes: But I do clean all the usual suspects, and we usually do laundry before we go because we need the clothes! It's just so nice to come home after being away for a while, and being greeted by clean digs!

lisams
09-05-2008, 01:45 PM
I clean top to bottom. It's crazy between the packing for everyone and the cleaning. Not sure why I do it, but I do loooooove knowing that when we get back we can hang out for a few days without needing to clean that much. The laundry is about all I can handle when recovering from a vacation!

WatchingThemGrow
09-05-2008, 01:45 PM
I didn't want to just edit my original answer because I want everyone to see this list. Not sure who all uses FlyLady, but her lists are great. I just printed it out last time and marked all the ones I wanted DH to do. We were much more calm going out the door than before.

http://www.flylady.net/pages/FLYingLessons_PackingList.asp

This site has lots of lists too - we've used it also. http://www.parentingweekly.com/parenting_information/organized_mom/preparing_for_vacation.htm

I need to combine them all and make my own. DH can do a lot and take the stress off me as long as he has good management/supervision.

niccig
09-05-2008, 01:59 PM
DH and I fight before every vacation about this. He wants to just roll the bags out the door, I want the house clean. We just got back from 2 weeks vacation, it was sooo nice to walk into a tidy house - no dirty dishes, fridge cleaned out, garbage out, washing done. Now it's a mess, the living room is full of unpacked bags and it'll take me a few more days to get it all washed and put away. So having dirty stuff from before, it would be too much for me.