PDA

View Full Version : Can't sleep because of cough

TraciG
09-05-2008, 01:29 PM
he missed his first nap because as soon as he fell asleep the coughing began & woke him up. He has a bad post nasal drip & sound's like a croup cough. We raised the mattress & are using the humidifier .

FINALLY he took a nap at 10:30, did I mention he was up for the day at 5 AM ! He is 6 1/2 month's. He coughed a lot during the nap & woke up tired , he ate & now is asleep in the swing ! FUNNY we were thinking of putting the swing away since he rarely goes in it anymore ! I guess it's good now since he's in a sitting up position.

I am dreading the night again tonight ! CAN'T WAIT for the cough to go away ! Any thing that can be done to help with sleep during cough's ?

happy2bamom
09-05-2008, 05:16 PM
Sounds like you are doing everything that the Pediatricians recommend. My youngest went through several bouts of croup, before they decided that he needed the nebulizer everynight. For us, that has made all of the difference. Of course, a nebulizer isn't necessary if this is a rare occurence for your little one. Hope he feels better soon.

neeleymartin
09-05-2008, 09:18 PM
try rubbing vicks baby rub on the soles of his feet. my little one was sick with colds all winter last year. baby rub saved us. before we started using it, he would be up several times a night. we were desperate. a friend recommended vicks. never woke up again from cold symptoms, no lie.

make sure you get the baby rub (all natural) and not the adult version (it has dangerous stuff in it). and cover his feet with socks or feety pj's.

maybe someone else will confirm that this worked for them too.

hth
n

TraciG
09-05-2008, 10:53 PM
YES I heard about the Vick's too, I forgot about it !! thanks's

happy2bamom
09-06-2008, 08:05 AM
Yep, that worked for our boys too. I totally forgot about it.