PDA

View Full Version : How to use Oxiclean for best results?

citymama
09-05-2008, 02:14 PM
So how do you get best results from Oxiclean stain remover? Do you add it to every wash or treat individual stains with it? And how long do you leave it in? I bought some Oxiclean baby at Target after seeing it recommended on these Boards (we have tons of old stains to get rid of!) but not sure how it works best. Thanks for any suggestions!

eliasmom
09-05-2008, 02:21 PM
For me, it sort of depends on the particular stain situation - sometimes I just spritz it right away, other things need a little more attention. For those really tough (or old) stains, I mix some Oxiclean with warm water in a bucket and soak all of the stained clothes overnight. I toss them in the washer in the morning and the stains tend to come right out.

HTH!

HIU8
09-05-2008, 02:27 PM
I spritz right away on stains. I also add the powder to every single load of laundry I do. Occasionally, the stain remover does not work so I have to switch to something stronger. I use Amodex and I can get really bad stains out (but it may take several washings).

SammyeGail
09-05-2008, 03:30 PM
For me, it sort of depends on the particular stain situation - sometimes I just spritz it right away, other things need a little more attention. For those really tough (or old) stains, I mix some Oxiclean with warm water in a bucket and soak all of the stained clothes overnight. I toss them in the washer in the morning and the stains tend to come right out.

HTH!

I had alot of clothes I was putting in a consignment sale. I soaked them in warm water in my laundry sink for the 6 hours suggested, good to know they can go overnight. In my personal experience, keep red out, lol. I had some white with small red stripes HA onsies that bleed. Bleed onto other clothing and bleed on the onsies. The red came out after washing the clothes about 2-3 times, and the onsies now look fine after about 5 washes.

I added it to a load the other day, I was out of any stain treatment and everything looked really good, I may start doing it much more often.

Good luck!

Sam

citymama
09-06-2008, 02:15 AM
Thanks for the great suggestions!

supercalifragilous
09-06-2008, 12:14 PM
IME, OxiClean works better with warmer/hotter water. I add it to my white load and wait until the water is warm before I add the powder so that it melts sufficiently (it will foam).

DrSally
09-06-2008, 10:19 PM
I too had the bleeding problem wit pink stripped onsies.