PDA

View Full Version : Spin off- Swing State thread

LarsMal
09-05-2008, 02:50 PM
This is a cool website. It gets s little confusing, but it has some pretty cool breakdowns. I'm almost positive it's a neutral site, so it's safe for everyone!!!

http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/

kijip
09-05-2008, 03:02 PM
www.pollster.com has a few more listed as toss-ups. I believe both sites take their numbers from looking at a large number of different sorts of data and update daily.

LarsMal
09-05-2008, 03:08 PM
www.pollster.com has a few more listed as toss-ups. I believe both sites take their numbers from looking at a large number of different sorts of data and update daily.

I'll have to check that one out, too. DH showed me the other one a few days ago and I thought the scenarios on the right side were neat. If Obama wins XYZ and McCain gets A or B then Obama (or McCain) will win...pretty cool.

spunkybaby
09-05-2008, 05:08 PM
This is a cool website. It gets s little confusing, but it has some pretty cool breakdowns. I'm almost positive it's a neutral site, so it's safe for everyone!!!

http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/

I don't think it's quite neutral. I found this in the site's FAQs:

"What is your political affiliation? My state has non-partisan registration, so I am not registered as anything. I vote for Democratic candidates the majority of the time (though by no means always). This year, I have been a supporter of Barack Obama. The other contributor to this website, Sean, has also been a supporter of Barack Obama."

So while the polling may be neutral, the political blog on that website is definitely pro-Obama.

LarsMal
09-05-2008, 05:29 PM
I don't think it's quite neutral. I found this in the site's FAQs:

"What is your political affiliation? My state has non-partisan registration, so I am not registered as anything. I vote for Democratic candidates the majority of the time (though by no means always). This year, I have been a supporter of Barack Obama. The other contributor to this website, Sean, has also been a supporter of Barack Obama."

So while the polling may be neutral, the political blog on that website is definitely pro-Obama.

You're right. I hadn't paid attention to any of the blogs, just the polling stuff. The commentary tends to be more liberal, but the statistical analysis is more scientific and neutral. I put it up for the statistical stuff b/c I thought it was interesting in regards to swing states and all the different scenarios. I am not plugging or pushing the blog/commentary!