PDA

View Full Version : Foods you're surprised your kids DON'T like

dotgirl
09-06-2008, 03:07 PM
The other thread got me thinking - what are some foods you're surprised your children don't like?

DD doesn't like chocolate. She doesn't hate it, she just doesn't really enjoy it. She also doesn't like any cheese other than cheddar.

DS doesn't like corn - he simply won't eat it. He also doesn't like raisins. He's not a big fan of carrots, although he will eat them with enough ranch dressing.

bubbaray
09-06-2008, 03:09 PM
DD#1 hates pizza. Go figure. I thought all kids liked pizza as a treat!

Mommy Of A Little Angel
09-06-2008, 03:19 PM
Chicken nuggets...the girl will pick grilled chicken over them any day!

MelissaTC
09-06-2008, 03:38 PM
Mashed potatoes, corn, raisins, fish sticks, pineapple

ETA that he also dislikes McDonalds with a passion.

JMS
09-06-2008, 03:48 PM
My same picky DS who loves cottage cheese, barely even likes chocolate!

deenass
09-06-2008, 04:06 PM
His choice, not ours. He doesn't eat any meat (and yes, that means hot dogs and chicken nuggets too, despite dear friends sho keep on insisting that isn't meat!)

Both my parents and IL at times refuse to believe us and will order him chicken strips when out, b/c according to them "all kids like chicken strips".

He's also lukewarm on french fries. But he has yet to meet a pancake that he didn't like!

pb&j
09-06-2008, 04:11 PM
Potatoes and sweet potatoes. He ate so many sweet potatoes as a baby that his nose turned orange for a few months. But now, he won't touch them.

KrystalS
09-06-2008, 05:47 PM
His choice, not ours. He doesn't eat any meat (and yes, that means hot dogs and chicken nuggets too, despite dear friends sho keep on insisting that isn't meat!)

Same here with my DD! She doesn't eat any meat. My family thinks I cater to her picky eating, but I'm not going to force her to eat something that I know she doesn't like. She has tried meat and just doesn't like. I figure as she gets older she might branch out with her eating choices but I'm not sure.
She also hates mac and cheese which I have always found a little odd because she loves noodles and cheese, just not together!

fauve01
09-06-2008, 05:52 PM
DD will not eat french fries (actually chooses fruit when at the restaurant when asked, 'fries or fruit?'). also she will not eat chicken nuggets, burgers, pasta with ANY sauce other than butter (including mac and cheese), fish sticks or other breaded foods, any kind of beef, and pizza with too much tomato sauce. Berries are hit or miss.

she does LOVE salmon though. and will eat whole beans. go figure.

SnuggleBuggles
09-06-2008, 06:16 PM
Soup. He refuses to even really try it. If he dips bread into it he likes the taste but he will not eat it.

Beth

egoldber
09-06-2008, 06:25 PM
Oh goodness. The list is sooooo long...

chicken nuggets
potatoes in any form including fries
pasta sauce
hamburgers
any pizza other than plain cheese and even then only certain kinds
hot dog BUNS, we have to take the dog out of the bun
any ice cream flavor other than vanilla
any juice other than plain apple

For the longest time she didn't like chocolate milk

She only recently started eating ketchup on the hot dog (with no bun).

I could go on and on and on....

kimberley-k
09-06-2008, 07:11 PM
FRUIT! My 4.5 y.o. son eats apples, bananas, canned peaches, and sugary dried mangoes but absolutely refuses to try anything else. He won't eat any vegetables either. If he detects any diced tomatoes in his pizza sauce or spaghetti sauce, he spits it out. So frustrating especially since I am a total health nut!

-Kim

kijip
09-06-2008, 08:22 PM
It's taken him a long time to warm up to pizza and now that he will occasionally eat it he will never, ever ask for it or say yes when asked if he wants pizza.

He also hates mac and cheese out of a box.

He won't eat spaghetti sauce.

He won't eat mashed potatoes at all.

He hates, hates, hates soda and won't drink it (which is fine for me but other people have wondered!)

lilycat88
09-06-2008, 10:02 PM
French fries, hamburgers, chocolate milk.

MelissaTC
09-06-2008, 10:56 PM
He hates, hates, hates soda and won't drink it (which is fine for me but other people have wondered!)

Mine too! I hope it lasts forever.