PDA

View Full Version : Birth announcements - nice but not too expensive

moxiewoman
09-07-2008, 09:51 AM
Hi all -
Does anyone have any recommendations on websites where to order birth announcements? I don't want to pay hundreds of dollars, so I prefer something that is fairly simple and inexpensive, but not "cheap" looking. I know that there are some pricey ones out there, and am looking for something on the lower-cost end. Any advice is greatly appreciated! DD is 3 weeks already, so I know that I need to get going on this!

Moxiewoman

Swimfreak78
09-13-2008, 07:40 PM
I made ours. I used one of our desktop programs -- I used publisher but others have used either word or ppt and split the page. I then had the printing done at our local Staples. I bought greeting card envelopes, ran them through the printer so I just had to stuff them and the put postage. All inclusive it came to about $1/invite including postage. PM me if want the dimensions.

WatchingThemGrow
09-13-2008, 07:44 PM
Not sure if you're into the photo thing, but choosing matte over glossy makes them look less cheap. I forgot that and ordered glossy both times. They were cute, thought :) Target once, Shutterfly once - preferred the latter.

mamaoftwins
09-13-2008, 08:11 PM
We liked Shutterfly, too! (If we ever have another baby, I'd go with them again.)

The pp is right, order matte finish.

lowrioh
09-14-2008, 12:27 AM
We just got ours from a seller (lukescommasara) on Etsy and had a great experience. I asked her to do a custom design and she got back to me very quickly. We had 4x6 announcements printed in color on the front and in black and white on the back. They were about $0.70 each with the envelopes.
I highly recommend her.
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5409043
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y282/lowrioh/announ1.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y282/lowrioh/announcement2.jpg

shoremom
09-14-2008, 10:21 AM
The one in the post above look great.

Also, I don't remember the name, but I found great ones on Ebay. It took some searching to find some that didn't have the home computer look. There are some great artists who are just trying to start there business out.

frugal mom
09-24-2008, 01:04 PM
I had a great experience with simplytoimpress.com. I had my announcements in hand one week after ordering on line. Their designs are similar to tinyprints.com, but less costly. You can also customize their designs by changing fonts, colors, and layout. It's a fun site to play around on (you download your photos, so you really know what your announcement will look like before you order). I also saved some money by choosing a 4x6 photo card, and I agree with the above post that the matte finish looks nicer than glossy. They also offer the option to get your envelopes early so you can pre-address them before your baby is born (something I highly recommend for moms to be, since I didn't do this and it took me 3+ months to get mine out!!). When I got my order they included a promo. code for free shipping: Happy2Return.