PDA

View Full Version : Family Algebra Equation

lizajane
09-07-2008, 06:41 PM
ok... so if

DS1 + DS2 + intense whining + loud screaming = DH at wits end +(ME+sheer exhuastion) + X

please find the value for X, which is the solution to the problem of how to not tear out all my hair or run away to mexico.

ETA: so far, i am pretty sure the value for X contains alcohol.

ThreeofUs
09-07-2008, 07:22 PM
Hmmm... X could also be a babysitter, I suppose, allowing for another value in the equation aY that would be a number (a) of R&R sessions for you and your DH (Y).

(I got to work with Gary Becker at UChicago, and we'd have a blast making up equations like this! So fun to see it here!)

bubbaray
09-07-2008, 07:29 PM
X = WOTH for both DH and I. Work is the only place where my ears don't ring.

overcome
09-07-2008, 08:30 PM
Liza-
I know you are stressed but I really did LOL when I read this post. It is so cute.

If you find out what X is, please share!!
GL

Wife_and_mommy
09-07-2008, 09:05 PM
X= Time away(from the kids, that is ;) )!

Hope you get some soon!

:hug:

JMS
09-07-2008, 09:31 PM
I think X is definitely time away (with DH) at a place that serves alcohol. :)

tnrnchick74
09-07-2008, 10:12 PM
X is a large adult beverage and a twisty straw!!!

gatorsmom
09-08-2008, 12:58 AM
loved this. Brought great visuals to mind (hairless woman with her mouth wide open screaming and running down the middle of the street).

deborah_r
09-08-2008, 03:06 AM
Ugh, I've had some similar equations this weekend with clingy, fussy 15 month old and brand new kindergartener acting not quite himself and exhausted and overworked/overwhelmed DH and I.

Don't know the answer though! Sorry!

JTsMom
09-08-2008, 08:26 AM
X= either 18 years or day at spa+ wine

In all seriousness, DH and I started this thing were once a week, we take a couple hours to ourselves during which we must go somewhere and do something fun. We are not allowed to do anything we "have to" do during that time, so no running to Target, etc.

We have weeks where it just gets to crazy for us to pull it off, but when we do, it helps SO much. I usually go do something crafty- scrapbook, browse in fabric stores, etc. Sometimes I'll go sit at Barnes and Noble and get a fancy coffee and dessert and just read.

scoop22
09-10-2008, 09:18 PM
your equation fits my day today..i mean week.. i mean year!!!
your post made me laugh.thanks i needed it. i totally know the feeling. i hope things get better for you!!!

StantonHyde
09-10-2008, 09:21 PM
Weekly date night!!!!! That saves me + WOH + one day with no kids and no work.