PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Peachy paint color...Any ideas?

Corie
09-07-2008, 08:42 PM
I don't want anything closely resembling the "peachy-skin" Crayola
crayon color.

But I would like a pretty peachy (maybe even coral) color
for a bathroom.

Thanks!!

SpaceGal
09-07-2008, 09:56 PM
We actually just painted our kitchen a light peachy color. It was called Chai Latte by Behr paint. It turned out nicely matching the few of my KitchenAid Tangerine appliances. Maybe that's something you'd like.

ThreeofUs
09-07-2008, 10:48 PM
I've been looking for the same thing at Sherwin-Williams, but all the colors I've tried have been too dang pink. I'm heading now into the more yellow shades to see if they work.

I've been wondering, though, if maybe the colors I've been trying are too saturated, and I need to have them mixed at 60% or something....

GL and let us know what you pick!

BeachBum
09-08-2008, 07:04 AM
I'd look through old Pottery Barn catalogs if you have them. A while back they had several coral bathrooms and they have a list of the Ben Moore colors too....You know those coral bathrooms might have been before they started doing the color chart, but it might be a good place to start anyway.

clb
09-08-2008, 08:16 AM
The paint color section of Better Homes and Gardens showed orange/peach paints a few months ago.
In our home, we painted mostly with the Benjamin Moore historical colors. They are muted looking, but there are only a few peaches in the historical colors. There is one I want to try on our porch. Actually, it mind be too close to a peach skin crayon.

Corie
09-08-2008, 08:57 AM
The paint color section of Better Homes and Gardens showed orange/peach paints a few months ago.

I remember that but I forgot to save it!!

Corie
09-08-2008, 08:58 AM
I'd look through old Pottery Barn catalogs if you have them. A while back they had several coral bathrooms and they have a list of the Ben Moore colors too....You know those coral bathrooms might have been before they started doing the color chart, but it might be a good place to start anyway.

That's a great idea! I actually have the color charts from the last
several seasons. I always stop in Pottery Barn to get the paint samples.

Bean606
09-08-2008, 10:37 AM
My all-time favorite is Ansonia Peach from Benjamin Moore, a historical color. Our old house had the living room and dining room painted that color. Our new house has the kitchen and basement painted that color. My MIL painted her kitchen that color after she saw it at our house, and now my mother is using it for her living room because she likes it so much. So, we are a little peached-out over here, but it really is a great color.

anamika
09-08-2008, 01:06 PM
More peachy than coral but we used Crisp Straw by Benjamin Moore in our sunroom.

Corie
09-09-2008, 10:11 PM
Thank you!!!

I'll have to stop by Benjamin Moore and get a sample card
for Ansonia Peach & Crisp Straw.