PDA

View Full Version : help

djtanner
09-07-2008, 08:47 PM
what is the best crib out there...

elliput
09-08-2008, 12:54 PM
That is a really subjective and vague question.

What are you looking for? What price range? Do you want a standard single drop-side, double drop-side, 3-1 or 4-1 convertible?

My suggestion is to start looking around at different websites and get an idea of what styles catch your eye, then ask for feedback on those specific brands and models.

C99
09-08-2008, 01:14 PM
what is the best crib out there...

Did you read the book? The Fields' information on cribs should help you answer this question for yourself. IMO, the best crib out there is one that complements your decor, hasn't been recalled, has a good mattress support, and meets your budget. That would mean different things to different people.

djtanner
09-08-2008, 08:22 PM
I guess idont know where to start. I read up on all the differnt kinds. Do i want one that sides go down,do i want one that will convert to a toddler bed, i just dont know where to go first

SnuggleBuggles
09-08-2008, 09:21 PM
I am not tall but I prefer stationary sided cribs. I think they are sturdier. The only thing I really care about with a crib is that it meets current safety standards, is a style I like, and is in my budget (6yo ago we bought a $300 Baby Italia and it has been just fine). I really think that any crib will do and you can drive yourself crazy choosing between all of them. Set your budget and color preference and go from there.

ALso, consider if you plan to have more kids and what their ideal spacing will be. Will you even use the toddler bed or will you have handed down the crib to the next baby?

Finally, most babies do not sleep in their crib at the very beginning. There is no deadline to have the crib before the baby is born. Sure, a cute, finished nursery is fun but it is not at all a necessity. Baby doesn't care where they sleep, so long as they are safe (and in the beginning, close to you!). We bought our crib when ds was 3 weeks old. Don't stress about it. :)

Beth