PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Photo Book site?

brittone2
09-07-2008, 10:36 PM
nak-

Thinking ahead to the holidays currently, and I know that I will need quite a bit of time to sort through photos and also figure out how to use the photobook sites. I did a search here and saw some old threads...it seemed like most people liked Shutterfly?

I'm just looking for updates, tips, etc. I won't print without a discount but I'd like to start playing around with ideas for the books. I'm also wondering if people are still happy with the Shutterfly quality.

TIA

WatchingThemGrow
09-08-2008, 07:47 AM
I did a Shutterfly one last year (free) and it was nice enough. My friend actually did her wedding album through MyPublisher through our (your :)) Costco. It was really nice and the code was a hefty savings, although not free.

o_mom
09-08-2008, 08:04 AM
I was pretty happy with Shutterfly vs. SnapFish. The SnapFish printing was much lower quality, but I used it for one the kids could read themselves.

Our hardcover books from Shutterfly have held up fine. The soft cover ones are not quite as sturdy, I know MILs copy had some pages that came loose. Not completely out, but a little separation between pages where you could see the spine. I have no idea what she did or didn't do, though. The softcover ones we got went in the boys' keepsake boxes, so we haven't really used them and the one my mother has is fine.

I found the Shutterfly interface to be so much eaiser, but have had trouble with the site being slow.

Neatfreak
09-08-2008, 08:04 AM
I've made them with Blurb and MyPublisher, and MyPublisher's final product was much nicer in terms of final printed quality. They almost always have a coupon code for the following:

- buy one, get another copy free
- 20% off orders b/w $50-99
- 40% off orders over $100

If there isn't a current coupon code, just wait a week and there probably will be a new one emailed out.

mommy111
09-08-2008, 10:57 AM
We've used mypublisher before and LOVEd the result, much better than shutterfly. The software is not super friendly though and its very time-consuming.
However, a while back, someone posted a site that was VERY cheap (like 11c/page) and with good results. I don't remember the name of the site (and trust me, I've done searches looking for the site) but no luck. Maybe if someone who knows about this will chime in, that would be great.
Thanks!

randomkid
09-08-2008, 11:06 AM
DH has used Kodak twice. I think the book was about $40. I think it's very nice, but I haven't seen books from any other sites. He just made one for FIL for his b-day and used old photos that he scanned. I was really surprised at how well they came out.

I'll be watching this thread as I want to make one for DD's previous sitter, but don't really want to spend $40 on it.

LarsMal
09-08-2008, 02:04 PM
I was pretty happy with Shutterfly vs. SnapFish. The SnapFish printing was much lower quality, but I used it for one the kids could read themselves.

Our hardcover books from Shutterfly have held up fine. The soft cover ones are not quite as sturdy, I know MILs copy had some pages that came loose. Not completely out, but a little separation between pages where you could see the spine. I have no idea what she did or didn't do, though. The softcover ones we got went in the boys' keepsake boxes, so we haven't really used them and the one my mother has is fine.

I found the Shutterfly interface to be so much eaiser, but have had trouble with the site being slow.

ITA. We used Snapfish for DS's first album and have used Shutterfly for all of the others. We just did his 2nd year album and it turned out very nice. I think the quality is much better than Snapfish and it's easy to use. I also, agree, though, that the site can be slow.