PDA

View Full Version : Latest on Munire Urban Crib backorders?

miraclemet
09-08-2008, 08:25 AM
On the Baby Bargains blog dated March 5, 2008 there was an article about delays & backorders for the Munire Urban crib, and there were many posts about orders being many many months delayed past the quoted 8-12 week delivery timeframe.

Well my wife has decidede this is the crib she loves, but is now worried about delivery timeframes.

Has the situation improved of late?

Jenn850
09-08-2008, 09:49 AM
We are in week 13 (of the 8-12 week quote) waiting for our brisol collection. I'll let you know when it comes... I have another month waiting for baby, but it would have been nice to get it earlier so I could have the room set up. My energy post work energy stores get smaller every day.

nellonello
09-08-2008, 10:43 AM
We ordered ours and received it at exactly 12 weeks. Good luck!!

miraclemet
09-08-2008, 11:50 AM
nellonello, was that a recent order?

ZeeBaby
09-08-2008, 11:58 AM
We were in the same situation and decided to go with the Westwood baby Stratton crib. I thought it was comparable to the urban, but it took 13 weeks to come, so beware with all of the companies. When they say 12 weeks, they mean 12 weeks.

army_mom
09-08-2008, 12:30 PM
We went crib shopping a few weeks ago and the Munire Urban was my first choice in a crib....until USA Baby quoted us a 12-16 week wait time! The lady was honest and said they were quoting 8-12 weeks but had not been making that goal so they lengthened their estimate. We decided we didn't want to push the wait time as I had read a lot of bad reviews on Munire wait times and kept on looking. Even though I really loved that crib, I decided it was just a crib and there are plenty of other ones out there. I did not want to be without a crib when baby was born, especially because she is due in holiday season.

(we did the order and hope it arrives with a wedding dress and only got it 3 days prior to the wedding and didn't want to go through that stress again!)

Good Luck in your search!

CocoaSashimi
10-04-2008, 02:29 PM
Has the situation improved of late?

We were told in May that it would be a 12-15 week wait for the Urban crib by Munire. However, we went in July to special order our crib, and the store had a few in stock.

Munire has made a huge push to catch up on the orders, and an 8-12 week wait time is pretty standard for crib orders. Check with your local Munire distributor and see what their wait times have been as of late. Good luck!

nellonello
10-04-2008, 05:09 PM
Our order was in April and 12 weeks later we received our crib. It is White and we love it!!

Christyscmh
10-04-2008, 07:45 PM
Yep - lead time quotes with Munire are approx. 10-12 weeks and typically they fulfill that time frame. This lead time is for the items that they do have in stock at their warehouse. Items that they do not may extend beyond that - but reputable stores should be equipped with a current inventory from Munire that allows them to properly warn you if necessary. Hope this helps!