PDA

View Full Version : Going absolutely insane over sleep

TraciG
09-08-2008, 09:10 AM
Since he had a cough I was basically comfort nursing him to sleep so now it seem's he forgot how to fall asleep on his own His nap's are totally screwed up ,he's usually asleep the latest 8:30 , fo rhis morning nap, he screaming now since about 8, I did go in & feed him since it's taking so long for him to fall asleep I figured I better feed him & thought it would help, didn't !

He was up in the middle of the night at 1:30, fed him then he was up until 3, could not fall asleep until I put him in the car seat / snap & go & pushed him back & forth . I bet now he's tiredness has already passed, this has been happning all weekend thenhe sleep's at the wrong nap time & not for long enough.

I WANT his schedule back . I t wa sso nice knowing that when he woke up by 2 hour's he would be sleeping again no problem, don't knwo what happened. This baby is missing WAY to much sleep that it can't be healthy !

Now I'm worried about the next nap since he HAS to sleep by a certain time since we have toleave to pick up DD from kindergarten .

IT DOESN'T END

Sleep is the thing I hate most about babies, had problems with DD too but by this age they were long gone

he's almost 7 month's

WatchingThemGrow
09-08-2008, 09:26 AM
Which sleep books have you read? There are so many different philosophies/things that work. We liked Weissbluth and Ferber for the most part.

I'm sorry you're frustrated. When they're sick things can get all messed up, and you just have to care for your baby with the same sweet smile. It's what being a mama is all about.

TraciG
09-08-2008, 09:42 AM
he is finally asleep , same book's !! I really think he has to be retrained, I have to be tougher, my DH is the weaker one & I think making me weak too, he doesn't like for him to cry to long, BUT it's really to teach him how to fall asleep on his own.
I had a MUCH EASIER time with DD, by maybe 3 day's she was sleeping through the night, that is NOT happening this time !

I am on my DH's nerve's because all I talk about / worry about is his sleep but that's because I don't want him to be overtired & not feel good, it's a MAJOR thing, sleep ! I had this same issue when Sydney was a baby with my DH because then when she was overtired if we had to go out at night I had to suffer with her when she was up on & off all night !

MY DH wants a third baby but at this point I highly doubt that will happen, the sleeping part is to difficult I guess for me, it rules my life, yes It's supposed to, I'm a mommy but it also affect's DD since I wont leave my apt until after his second nap which sometimes mean's we're home almost all day ! If we do go out between nap's it has to be somewhere close by & something fast, not much time in between !!

People that have kid's that can sleep on the go are lucky, make's life easier, I really thought I'd have that this time since I have another child but hasn't worked out that way or not yet anyway.

Had to vent

I am not crazy just sometimes "crazed" from sleep deprivation

HIU8
09-08-2008, 02:20 PM
Both DS and DD didn't sleep train until rather late. For DS we started at 11 months (he had GERD issues that dissipated by that point). It was very difficult and involved several nights of throwing up, but it did happen. Sometimes we have to go back and do a bit of retraining with him, but it's not often.

DD is 15 months tomorrow and just recently sleep trained. She would wake up 2-3 times a night, every night, and her naps were non-existent. She just nap trained this week and I'm loving it. She used to only nap in her stroller or carseat.