PDA

View Full Version : First Month: How Many Diapers?

Jenn850
09-08-2008, 10:10 AM
I am trying to figure out how many diapers to buy before the baby comes... any suggestions?

Thanks~

pillsnberries
09-08-2008, 04:58 PM
Our DD was a little difficult. We had 400 newborn diapers for her before she was born, but she went through a phase where she would scream bloody murder at the tiniest drop of pee. We were going through like 15 a day and ended up buying another 200. She was in them for about 6 weeks before we switched to size 1.

I wouldn't get more than 400 just because they all grow differently. I figured 8-12 a day for the first 6 weeks. That's 336 - 504. You can always buy more.

Also, for my baby shower we had a diaper raffle. If guests brought a package of diapers and a package of wipes they were entered into a drawing for a $50 gift card to Target. Everyone brought size 1 diapers, but we ended up with 700 size 1 diapers, and like 1300 wipes. DD is now 12 weeks old and I still have a ton left.

JBaxter
09-08-2008, 05:12 PM
Dont pre buy in bulk. My last son wore 1/2 bag of nb diapers. Pampers didnt fit right and he did better in huggies supremes for the first month or so then pampers swaddlers fit better. Some babies are very sensitve to certain brands and to be stuck with 200 diapers that causes your baby to get a rash would suck

Buy a bag or 2 and see what fits / you like better.

kijip
09-08-2008, 07:09 PM
Dont pre buy in bulk. My last son wore 1/2 bag of nb diapers. Pampers didnt fit right and he did better in huggies supremes for the first month or so then pampers swaddlers fit better. Some babies are very sensitve to certain brands and to be stuck with 200 diapers that causes your baby to get a rash would suck

Buy a bag or 2 and see what fits / you like better.
:yeahthat:

A lot of kids barely last a day or so in NB sized dipes. You don't know until you know the baby.

My brother and his husband stocked up for months on diapers, mostly one brand in sizes NB, 1, 2 and 3. Hundreds of dollars spent (and "saved!") They barely got through the 2s when they decided they hated disposables and jumped ship to cloth. They had a lot of boxes of diapers to donate, give away and return.

Jenn850
09-09-2008, 10:16 AM
Thanks alot for the advice. You would think I am preparing for a nuclear disaster where we wouldn't be able to leave the house. I will just get enough to experiment with and see what happens;)