PDA

View Full Version : Everyday Diaperbag Suggestions

watts928
09-08-2008, 12:35 PM
I am 20 weeks pregnant with twin boys, and was hoping you all would have suggestions/experiences you could share about what diaperbags are best for everyday use for 2 babies and/or what size seems to be the best. At this point, I'm unsure if I need an extra-large one (like the Skip Hop Duo Double Deluxe) or if a "regular" sized one would work...

Thank you!!!

mom22
09-08-2008, 09:41 PM
My girls are 5 months old, and I have the SkipHop City Chic diaper bag. It has been plenty big for me. I love that the inside is blue so that I can see eveything and it's not a big black hole. I also love that it has 6 interior pockets to keep me organized, as well as 2 exterior bottle pockets. And, it doesn't scream "diaper bag" either, which I like.

I am actually considering getting a smaller bag for trips to the mall, etc., where I could always leave the "big" bag in the car for emergencies and just take the small bag in.

My husband has a Diaper Dudes backpack which we like as well. It has all kinds of handy pockets.

I know that there are a lot of MOM's out there that have the Duo Double and they love it. I just have never (to this point) needed more space than I have with my City Chic. In fact, I usually have extra space in it.

HTH!

mamaoftwins
09-08-2008, 10:31 PM
I am a bit of an overpacker ... that being said, I LOVE my Skip Hop Duo Double. Great organization - fits everything I could ever want, doesn't seem too huge for me (I'm pretty small - 5'4") and straps so easily onto the side-by-side stroller, which is great. That's the best part for me - I would hate having to carry a bag all the time. (It also fits easily into the big basket of a Double Snap & Go - which I don't have, but I tested it! - and the Graco DuoGlider - which I do have.)

For quick trips when I know all I'll need is a few diapers, wipes and a little changing pad, I use a small Eddie Bauer backpack (similar to this one: http://www.eddiebauer.com/catalog/product.jsp?ensembleId=32711&prodsearch=6&cm_cg=T95), and just put the essentials in it, with room to spare.

Congrats on the boys in advance! Twin boys are the best. ;)

gatorsmom
09-08-2008, 11:35 PM
In my opinion, it's important to figure out how you want to wear the bag. I knew right away that I wanted a backpack. I hate when I'm bending forward and the bag on my shoulder falls forward and wipes out a little one, kwim? Besides, I wanted to have both hands free. So, my first diaperbag was a Petunia Picklebottom Boxy Backpack. I loved that thing to death, literally. I've actually had a couple of them over the years and if the darn outside fabric (which is just gorgeous, btw) wasn't so delicate, I'd still be using one. They are very roomy, comfortable to wear, get a ton of complements and have alot of organizing pockets.

So, a year ago I went searching for the next great backpack diaperbag. And I found it. It's a jujube packabe. it is incredibly sturdy, simple to keep clean, has lots of pockets, is very roomy and can be worn as a backpack or over the shoulder. I got it in the black with silver trim (since DH was really tired of cutesy fabrics). I see on their website they have some other new backpack designs which look great. But since my Packabe still looks like new, I guess I'm not in the market for a new diaperbag. Here's the website:

http://www.ju-ju-be.com/products.html

looks like they give away a free bag everyweek if you answer some questions. I bought my bag full price and feel it was totally worth it. Especially for all the stuff I have to cram in there and how well it has held up (I pack for our b/g twins, and my 3yo who is potty training).

hth!

Melaine
09-09-2008, 09:16 PM
I've tried several; I've been pretty happy with both the skip hop spark (like it better than the duo because it has two bottle holders), and recently got the duo double. I'm a big fan of the duo double because it really can hold everything, but if you pack less it stays pretty thin, if that makes sense. After using those two, I'm not really into any bag that won't hang on the stroller....oh and the spark is a little dangerous because it doesn't actually zip close, which is risky.
I just ordered a couple of fleurville suzy paks off of MamaBargains, so I may use one of those now as the girls are getting older.

watts928
09-16-2008, 09:08 PM
My girls are 5 months old, and I have the SkipHop City Chic diaper bag. It has been plenty big for me. I love that the inside is blue so that I can see eveything and it's not a big black hole. I also love that it has 6 interior pockets to keep me organized, as well as 2 exterior bottle pockets. And, it doesn't scream "diaper bag" either, which I like.

I really like the SkipHop City Chic bag... do you know how (or if) it would work with a double (side-by-side) stroller?

Thanks again!

sivan
09-16-2008, 10:43 PM
we have the duo double and i love it- fits so well on the back of our strollers. i also have a backpack from one step ahead which is great, but i wanted something i could clip on to the stroller to keep my back weight free.

rgavelis
09-17-2008, 10:00 AM
I agree with other responses that you need to keep in mind how you want to wear it. Since we try to keep bags, etc. to a minimum at our house, we decided on a messenger bag from this company

http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/products/home

We wanted something that we could both of us could use and that we could use on our bikes once we didn't need it for diapering. It's been a great bag to use and is really roomy. I think we got the medium but I don't remember. You can wear across your back or as a shoulder bag. Good luck with the search and congratulations on the babies!!

mom22
09-17-2008, 11:05 PM
I really like the SkipHop City Chic bag... do you know how (or if) it would work with a double (side-by-side) stroller?

Yes! I have the Valco double side-by-side and it works great. It has straps on each end that come out of the bag and clip over the handles on strollers. Also, I have clipped it to the shopping carts at Target, Costco, etc.

HTH!