PDA

View Full Version : What is your beauty routine?

nicoleflynn
09-08-2008, 01:55 PM
I am 36 year old and avoided using cosmetics stuff till now, other than moisterizer. These days I feel so old and feel like maybe I should start using something more. What is your beauty routine? What kind of products do you use? How can I find products good for my skin? As you can tell I am pretty much clueles in this area and will appreciate any tips / pointers you can give.

MelissaTC
09-08-2008, 04:50 PM
I don't do anything fancy. I wash my face with Olay facial wipes. I mosturize with Cetaphil w/spf 15. For makeup, I use Bare Minerals. My skin is very sensitive and extremely acne prone and this works well for me.

lorinick
09-08-2008, 04:54 PM
I use liquid face soap and moisturize. I too love my Bare Mineral make up. I've been using it for 2.5 years now. It's great stuff and good for the skin.

nupe
09-08-2008, 04:54 PM
I have always had sensitive skin. I have been using Bare Escentuals make up for a few years. I have always used a good moisturizer with SPF (J&J Purpose). I too just recently became *more* concerned about my skin. I also started cleansing with an oil based cleanser at night, because my skin had become dryer than it had been in the past, perhaps due to the colder climate. What I am doing new, to address my new concerns about (gasp) aging is Olay regenerist (frag-free) serum and moisturizer w/sunscreen the morning and Olay regenerist serum at night, and moisturizer if I need it.

niccig
09-08-2008, 04:59 PM
I'm like you, never really wore make-up. I had a makeover with my sister at Sephoria. She bought mineral make up, but as I normally don't wear make-up and don't have much time in the morning, the lady helping us suggested I use a tinted moisturizer, concealer for under eyes/blemishes, blush, simple eye makeup of liner, mascara, shadow, and then a lip-gloss or lipstick. She gave me a simple routine, and showed me all the basics of applying it. It only takes me a few minutes. I don't do it every day - eg. today is cleaning and preschool drop-off/pick-up, but I will tomorrow when we go to have lunch with DH. I really suggest going to Sephora and talking to the staff. The mineral make up was too fiddly for me, my sister loves it, but the tinted moisturizer is so easy to apply, it's goof-proof. I have 2 tinted moisturizers, a lighter one for day and then a heavier one when I want more coverage, going out etc.

ETA. I'm also using under eye cream and some of the Olay anti-aging. I'm 35, so starting to see some lines, and my skin seems to be drier as I age too.

lorinick
09-08-2008, 05:04 PM
I'm like you, never really wore make-up. I had a makeover with my sister at Sephoria. She bought mineral make up, but as I normally don't wear make-up and don't have much time in the morning, the lady helping us suggested I use a tinted moisturizer, concealer for under eyes/blemishes, blush, simple eye makeup of liner, mascara, shadow, and then a lip-gloss or lipstick. She gave me a simple routine, and showed me all the basics of applying it. It only takes me a few minutes. I don't do it every day - eg. today is cleaning and preschool drop-off/pick-up, but I will tomorrow when we go to have lunch with DH. I really suggest going to Sephora and talking to the staff. The mineral make up was too fiddly for me, my sister loves it, but the tinted moisturizer is so easy to apply, it's goof-proof. I have 2 tinted moisturizers, a lighter one for day and then a heavier one when I want more coverage, going out etc.

I too went to Sephoria the mineral make up is the easiest thing to do. As I'm sure a tinted moisturizer is as well. But I love how great my skin looks using the Bare Minerals. You can even keep re apply though out the day. without the caked up make up look.

maestramommy
09-08-2008, 06:40 PM
Every morning and evening

Cleanser
Toner
moisturizer
blemish lotion

been this way for YEARS.

every other day or so: microdermabrasion (scrub)

Twins2000
09-08-2008, 08:15 PM
AM Routine:

Wash face with liquid facial soap (Cetaphil for Normal/Oily Skin)
Apply Olay Complete Facial Moisturizer (with SPF 15)
Apply Everyday Minerals (only available online, but is A LOT cheaper than
Bare Minerals and looks better on me)
Apply bronzer (MAC)
Apply blush (MAC)
Apply eyeliner (MAC), shadows (MAC, blend well), mascara (Maybelline)
Apply lipstick and/or lipgloss (usually MAC)

PM Routine:

Wash face with liquid facial soap (Cetaphil for Normal/Oily Skin)
Apply Paula's Choice 2% Beta Hydroxy Acid Gel (exfoliant)
Apply Paula's Choice 5% Benzoyl Peroxide Blemish Fighting Solution where
needed

hillview
09-08-2008, 09:05 PM
:hysterical:
Ok ... you so don't want to know but since you asked.

Brush hair and teeth
If time before someone is screaming/pooping
Wash face with Ivory (terrible, I know but it works for me) or if I am really lucky Kiehl's non foaming wash
Moisturize with Origins with SPF or Kiehl's every day moisturizer (if I am not really going outside for the day or it isn't nice out)

For really fancy times I put on EYELINER!

/hillary

AngelaS
09-08-2008, 09:28 PM
I wash w/Mary Kay Velocity in the shower, slap on some MK Oil Free moisturizer and Oil Free Foundation and call it good.

At bed time I was w/the Velocity cleanser again.

I'm sooo low maintenance. LOL I've been usin' the same routine for years!

Corie
09-08-2008, 09:36 PM
AM

Wash face in shower with bar soap.
Moisturize with Cetaphil facial moisturizer with SPF 15.
Use a little Clinique pressed powder to help with my face shine.
Apply lipstick. (I never leave home without my lipstick on.)

I don't have a PM routine.