PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever flown Virgin America?

citymama
09-08-2008, 02:22 PM
Just wondering if anyone has flown Virgin America yet, and what the experience is like. Their non-stop round trips b/w SFO and DC/NYC are $300, compared with $680 on United! I'm inclined to go with VA, but not sure about the quality of service, on-time departures, safety record, etc. Any feedback to share? thanks!

Tondi G
09-08-2008, 05:33 PM
no experience with Virgin America but my mom has flown Virgin Atlantic a ton and LOVES them. She would rather fly with them than United or British Airways any day!

Hope someone has actual experience with them!

pinkmomagain
09-08-2008, 06:47 PM
yes! very cool, innovative airline, would definitely do it again!

saschalicks
09-08-2008, 07:08 PM
We loved our trip on VA. We went from LA to WA DC. Very cool and innovative airline. I like the ability to order from the screen, even down to the free drinks. I'd fly them again in a heartbeat.

spunkybaby
09-08-2008, 11:59 PM
We flew Virgin America from SFO to Las Vegas--totally fine. One nice perk was that we joined VA's frequent flyer club (Elevate). On our return trip, our Elevate membership allowed us to go through the speedy security checkpoint line at the Las Vegas terminal--along with United 1K and other super high-tier frequent flyer clubs. :)

Lots of entertainment options from your seat. I am cheap, so I just played the free word games, but if we had brought the DC, it would have been totally worth it to buy some kids' movies to keep them occupied during the flight.