PDA

View Full Version : PC game for toddler

hillview
09-08-2008, 03:36 PM
DS 3 likes pbs.org teletubbies and other things. I am looking for something that he could start to use for say 30 mins a week as a special thing. Any ideas?
TIA!
/hillary

Momof3Labs
09-08-2008, 07:22 PM
starfall.com is a great pre-reading site. DS2 loves www.kneebouncers.com but it's not educational at all, just mildly entertaining for him.

kedss
09-08-2008, 08:07 PM
ditto for both :)

Neatfreak
09-09-2008, 12:38 AM
My kiddo loved the Reader Rabbit software that they had at our old local public library.

I usually check out the websites for preschool tv networks - my DD has no idea what the majority of the shows are, but there are some good matching and counting games on Playhouse Disney and the BBC's Ceebeebies.

Melbel
09-09-2008, 06:05 AM
DS and DD1 enjoyed Disney toddler and preschool software early on, as well as Reader Rabbit, I Spy and Blue's Clues. There used to be a website smartestore.com (or something like that) where you could get software for about $3 each, including shipping. DS and DD2 also occasionally played on the disney playhouse, nick and pbs websites. For educational purposes, the Reader Rabbit software was the best that we used. It tracked performance and adjusted accordingly. DS in particular really benefited from this software. It taught him a wide variety of math/language skills in a fun way.

lubdubdeb
09-09-2008, 08:50 AM
www.sesameworkshop.org has some great games for little ones, the Elmo potty game just asks the child to press any key to help elmo go to the potty.