PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping during tummy time...

pillsnberries
09-08-2008, 07:29 PM
Everytime we lay our 12 week DD down for tummy time, she falls asleep. What do I do? If you had this problem, what worked for you?

TIA

WatchingThemGrow
09-08-2008, 08:15 PM
Is she getting naps in the crib at regular intervals? I think DS was starting to get into a routine of maybe 3 naps/day at that time. Could be totally off. My mind is shot because DD didn't ever nap today.

But yes, DS did fall asleep during tummy time. He was thin and weak and needed to be in his crib safe (read:away from DD) resting.

firsttimemama
09-08-2008, 08:54 PM
My DS did that sometimes & I didn't worry about it. I let him sleep. but that's not for everyone I guess, cause he'd be on his stomach.. I let him sleep like that at night (or on his side) so it didn't phase me

My DS hated tummy time and to some extent still does.. I'm not worried about it.

npace19147
09-08-2008, 09:08 PM
One thing I did that helped was to put DD on our bed on her tummy. Then I would kneel next to the bed so I was at eye level with her and the stimulation would keep her awake for a little while - ten minutes or so. You don't really need more than that at a time anyway, IIRC.

ThreeofUs
09-09-2008, 01:15 AM
Happened with DS, because he was SO tired from reflux keeping him up. Should have been our first clue that he needed to sleep on his tummy rather than his back (where he couldn't sleep at ALL).

pillsnberries
09-09-2008, 04:31 PM
thanks for all the suggestions. Unfortunately she also likes to sleep on her tummy, and I think that's why she does it (falls asleep during tummy time). The bed is a great idea, but we have a memory foam matress so there isn't enough support for her.