PDA

View Full Version : Did you see the new TV show called, "Fringe" ?

Corie
09-09-2008, 10:47 PM
It was really good. You've got to see it.

There is an encore presentation of the Series Premiere
coming on.

KrystalS
09-09-2008, 11:28 PM
I DVRed it, haven't watched yet, had to watch 90210 first! I heard it was supposed to be good.

Twoboos
09-10-2008, 07:50 AM
Mmmmm, weird. I liked it. Of course it's by JJAbrams who did Lost, so I'd basically watch anything by him....

Although I was ANNOYED that I was able to "call" a lot of twists. I want these writers to be smarter than me!! Won't stop me from watching again though.

KHF
09-10-2008, 08:26 AM
As a huge fan of JJ's other shows and the X-Files, I'm hoping this show stays on for a while. I agree the pilot was a little uneven, but overall thought it was really good. I think that shows like this need a few episodes to really get into a good rhythm. Hopefully Fox gives them that time...they're really bad about pulling shows way too quickly.

Kirsten

veronica
09-10-2008, 08:33 AM
I enjoyed it. I also love "Pacey".......

LBW
09-10-2008, 10:40 AM
Thanks for the recommendation! We got rid of cable this summer, so essentially have no TV, so I'm out of the loop with new shows. I just checked, and the pilot is available to watch on Fox's website and also on hulu.com, so I'll check it out later.

Slightly OT: For those of you who haven't discovered Hulu, it's a great way to watch current and older shows online (and movies). You can subscribe to series, or simply watch a single episode. There are a bunch of other ways to watch TV for free online. I've been meaning to write a post listing everything I've found. I'll get around to it someday!

KrystalS
09-10-2008, 11:37 AM
I enjoyed it. I also love "Pacey".......

Same here! I was a HUGE Dawson's Creek fan!

megs4413
09-10-2008, 11:50 AM
the biggest draws for me to this show were joshua jackson (who was totally dreamy! and i am sooo a pacey fan. LOL) and jj abrams. the writing was not overly impressive, though, so i hope there's better in store yet. the premise is promising...it feels like a rework of x-files to me. i'll probably catch the episodes online. tuesday is jam packed as far as shows on to watch.

s7714
09-10-2008, 12:30 PM
DH recorded it, but we didn't watch it yet. Glad to hear it's good!

SnuggleBuggles
09-10-2008, 12:50 PM
Was it scary? It looked a bit too scary to me. Of course, I have to fast forward "Lost" when I watch it (too suspensful) so keep that in mind when answering my scary question. :) It looks interesting though so I want to watch it.

Beth

hellokitty
09-10-2008, 04:14 PM
It was good, but I had a bad dream last night b/c of the part with the ppl on the plane and ended up waking up at 4:30 am this morning and not going back to sleep! That has never happened to me before. If you get freaked out by gory scenes, you might want to skip the first parts of the show...

KyMama
09-10-2008, 04:36 PM
I liked it ok. the plane part kind of freaked me out. but I should known with JJ he loves freaky plane stuff. and the translucent guy was pretty cool

but I don't know if I'll keep watching it.

Corie
09-10-2008, 05:09 PM
I've always followed the TV Guide recommendations for the
new fall shows. They usually do a great job on their picks.

(I watched Veronica Mars based on a TV Guide recommendation
and I was hooked on the show. Plus, there have been several
others that have pulled me in.)

Emmas Mom
09-10-2008, 06:00 PM
Try watching it on Percocet....holy cow. lol I didn't see it all but it definitely looks good.