PDA

View Full Version : Anglecare monitor

klc92201
09-09-2008, 11:43 PM
We have an anglecare monitor that up until a week or two ago I loved. I hate it now because my DD who is not in her crib moves off the center and towards the side. So I turned up the sensitivity and now it is picking up my AC and going off even more. Are there other movement monitors that are better? If not, how can I fix this one, I am losing confidence in it.

Heather

racerl1
09-10-2008, 03:43 PM
We used one for DS, and it still worked when he moved to the edge of his crib. We did not change the sensitivity setting, and it still worked with no problem. Can you try turning the sensitivity back down? You should be able to test it to make sure it still works right with the sensitivity down.

klc92201
09-10-2008, 04:21 PM
Well I turned up the sensitivity because when she is up against the side it is going off. So Graco who now owns angel care told me to turn up the sensitivity. I am thinking about returning it and getting the Babysense V which isn't a voice monitor just a movement one but it has two sensors.

Heather

scrooks
09-10-2008, 08:29 PM
We had a similar problem with ours and I think my husband adjusted the sensitivity. It seemed to work ok but the more she could move the more trouble we had with false alarms. At some point, somewhere between 6-8 months I think we stopped using the motion sensor. At that age I felt the SIDS risk was diminishing especially know she could really move a lot.