PDA

View Full Version : Bouncy Seats ... I'm lost...

QTMichele
09-09-2008, 11:55 PM
With my first baby, I had a very simple bouncy seat. It's features included an on/off switch for the vibration and a sun visor. Simple. My second baby had a "fancy" model - the FP aquarium bouncy with vibration, lights, music, etc. Honestly, there was a lot going on that often just got in my way when putting my baby in or taking her out of the seat. I don't want to talk about the battery usage on the FP... should've bought stock! lol

Both seats are long gone and I need a new one. I'd like something that's easy to transport from room to room (we really won't be travelling so that won't be an issue), is stable and comfy, has a vibration feature and possibly a music/nature sounds feature. All the other bells and whistles are optional. Suggestions??? Any advice is appreciated!!!

OH... I saw the FP Infant to Toddler rocker today - any thoughts on this seat? What about the jungle themed bouncy (also by FP???)? THANKS!!!

citymama
09-10-2008, 01:40 AM
We had the infant to toddler rocker and it worked just fine! My DD liked it until she was close to one - I was not into the sound and light type bouncy seats but I think that depends on the parents and kid!

ahrimie
09-10-2008, 02:17 AM
i tried the infant to toddler rocker by FP but didn't like it at all :( i ended up returning it after the first day... you have to rock it yourself if you have an infant--but i thought the whole point of a bouncer-type seat was that it'd entertain your baby!

i lOVE the FP rainforest bouncer (i think it's the one you're talking about). it has sounds and lights on it and a few things move too. my baby loves looking at it and if you want to, you can always take off the toy part so that it's just a bouncer.

QTMichele
09-10-2008, 10:00 AM
Thanks for your comments!

CITYMAMA - Thanks for your comments. :) I just found this bouncer yesterday and am glad to see that there are some positive comments from a real user. :) Quick question - did you have a problem with the toys falling off or were they securely attached? Is the toy bar removeable? THANKS!

AHRIMIE - Yes, I was talking about the rainforest bouncer. :) How easy is it to move around (it seems a little awkward to carry with the toy bar attached) - I'll be moving it from room to room and from upstairs to downstairs? Also, does it eat batteries like they're going out of style? (I need to buy rechargeable! lol) Did you find that the toy bar was too low and in baby's way? I'm glad to know the toy bar can be removed if we need that option. I didn't have a problem not having a toy bar with my first DD - I just wanted a place to put her while I showered or cleaned up. The vibration worked fine, BUT... every baby is different and this baby may want more stimulation. OH, what didn't you like about the infant to toddler rocker - was it that you had to rock it manually or were there other issues? I liked how the seat was wider and could accomodate a higher weight, but, again, I'm wondering if I'll miss having more bells and whistles???

I know, I'm overthinking this, but I really do appreciate your suggestions and comments. THANKS again!

traciann
09-11-2008, 06:03 PM
I have an older model FP kick n play which is the same size and style as the rainforest one. I liked it because the bouncer was longer, meaning she could use it longer. I really didn't use the toy bar for the first several months, but it was fun for dd when I did. I would go with the rainforset one because you can use it longer than other smaller bouncers. I also don't remember changing the batteries once!

MommyAllison
09-11-2008, 07:43 PM
We have the FP aquarium bouncer and I never use the toy bar - it just sits in the closet. Without the toy bar, it is a very simple bouncer and only needs 1 battery! ;)

My parents have the infant to toddler rocker, and it is ok, but my kids have both liked the bouncy part of bouncers, and the rocker cannot be bounced. The toy bar does come off though, and the toys' velcro is pretty secure - our very strong 4mth old can't get them off yet.

GraceH
09-14-2008, 07:42 AM
someone gave us a Infant to Toddler rocker second-hand and I found that it was just too big and bulky for us to have around...
we had the Go Go Baby Travel bouncer by Summer Infant - we loved it because it was simple and could fold flat in its carry bag if needed (not to mention affordable) - the only small complaint is that older, stronger babies can pull down the toy bar (but it's padded, so not a huge deal)

lisams
09-14-2008, 01:49 PM
We got the FP rainforest bouncy seat for DS. It is basically the same seat as the aquarium and kick n'play with a different theme to it. I like the seat because it is longer so you can use it longer and I also like that the frame is a little more upright. The downfall to that is that for a tiny newborn it may be too upright (we didn't use either bouncy until the baby was about a month old). We didn't use the playbar as often, so batteries weren't a huge issue. Size wise, carrying it around was kind of a pain but I don't think you'll get around that with any other bouncy seat. Now they have ones that look super soft and cuddly for newborns, but I'm not sure if an older baby (4-6 months) would be entertained in them. Maybe someone else can weigh in on that type of bouncy.

I do really like the FP bouncy seats (we've had all three - kick n'play, aquarium and rainforest). I kept one upstairs and one downstairs with both kids. One suggestion is to check out a children's resale place - they always have them there, sometimes they look brand new for much cheaper.

Melbel
09-14-2008, 02:04 PM
We love our Boppy Cradle in Comfort bouncy seat. It is pretty simple overall, but very comfortable for our reflux baby. It is a little bulky, but I do not have a problem carrying it from room to room or up/down the stairs. It is available in pink or blue. DD2 is over 3 months now and we have yet to change the batteries after daily use.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2715551