PDA

View Full Version : Please offer some casepiece advice

L'sMommy
09-10-2008, 09:57 AM
Hi. I am wondering for those of you who have cribs that convert to double beds, how many of you purchased a matching nightstand? Right now I'm thinking of getting the long dresser (changing table) and crib. Last night, DH suggested getting the matching nightstand to use in the future. I would also like the tall dresser, but the nursery has no room and eventually I don't think the child will need to dressers in his room.

Just wondering what coordinating pieces others have purchased.

Thanks,
Monica

clb
09-10-2008, 01:09 PM
DC's crib converts to a twin bed. We had the same idea and also purchased a nightstand along with a double dresser and hutch.

WatchingThemGrow
09-10-2008, 02:46 PM
We used the nightstand next to the glider to put my water, a touch lamp, books, etc. Now it serves the original purpose 2 short years later. We also got a matching bookcase, which is a lifesaver for all those little things that babies/kids seem to have "given" to them. Because we had the room and we have tiny closets, we got (for the girl's room) a wardrobe/armoire with a mirror on the front. Oh, and the dresser with the changing table top that can be removed, like you. We're replacing that with a mirror right now since she's no longer in diapers.

I love that it all matches and looks put together. I'd say that if you're planning on using the set for the next several years, it is just easier to buy what matches and not have to hunt stuff down later. There were several price increases on the stuff we got after we bought it, too.

cath_b
09-11-2008, 12:12 AM
We bought a crib that converts into a toddler bed, a daybed, and a full/double bed. We bought the matching changer/dresser combo. It is a space saver. The collection did not come with a nightstand. I don't think we would have bought it anyway because we wouldn't be able to put anything on once DC starts cruising. My son has been walking since he was 10 months and has been trying to get on everything he can reach. We also have an armoir for him but it doesn't belong to the same collection.

racerl1
09-11-2008, 09:19 AM
We've bought 2 cribs that convert to full size beds for our sons. With both, we bought a long dresser that doubled as a changing station. (We did not buy the changer, as we didn't feel a teenager would want a dresser that looked like a changer.) We also bought a nightstand for each, because I think they will be important when the boys are older. They hold a lamp and the monitor. A matching nightstand was a must for us when we were choosing a crib.

L'sMommy
09-12-2008, 04:24 PM
Thanks everyone for your advice. We've decided to order the nightstand along with the crib and dresser.