PDA

View Full Version : Halloween party crisis

bubbaray
09-10-2008, 10:24 AM
I've done a somewhat large Halloween party for the girls for 4 yrs now, always on the last weekend prior to Halloween.

This year, that weekend (25/26) doesn't work for us and our prior plans can't be rescheduled.

DH said to do it the week before (18/19) or after (Nov 1 or 2, Halloween is on the Friday this year).

I'm thinking Nov. 1 or 2. The Sunday afternoon would be my preference, but is 2 days after TOTg too late? I think the Oct 18/19 weekend is too early.

The other option is to cancel it for this year, though I'd rather not do that.

Thoughts?

TIA

srhs
09-10-2008, 12:29 PM
1/2 is just fine. Moms who procrastinate will love it--clearance costumes and goodies!!! Kids will love it because the fun continues...

egoldber
09-10-2008, 12:30 PM
I think that the 1/2 would be good. It gives them a chance to wear the costume again. :)

SnuggleBuggles
09-10-2008, 12:30 PM
There are a lot of Halloween events around my city that take place all through the month of October. I like doing it in October, personally. I think of October as Halloween season. :) You could call it a fall festival but use Halloween type decorations on the invites and say that costumes are encouraged if it seems weird to you to call it a Halloween party so far in advance.

ETA- I think Nov. 1-2 is fine too. I just like Oct. better. But, there isn't anything horrible imo about Nov.. :)

Beth

s7714
09-10-2008, 12:32 PM
I think the 1/2 would be fine. Like a PP said, another chance for DCs to wear their costumes.

Melaine
09-10-2008, 12:35 PM
1/2 is just fine. Moms who procrastinate will love it--clearance costumes and goodies!!! Kids will love it because the fun continues...
OHHHH what a great point. Get your candy on clearance on saturday and have the party on sunday!!!

billysmommy
09-10-2008, 01:20 PM
We always have our Halloween party 2 weeks before Halloween. The weather's usually still warmer, it's early enough to not interfere with Halloween parades/town events, etc. Also DH's b-day is the 30th and my dad's is on Halloween and we have friends who have b-days on the 28th and 29th so we also do it early to not interfere with the b-day parties.

bubbaray
09-10-2008, 02:54 PM
Thanks ladies -- good points re both dates. Hmmm.

I'm not too worried about it being in November -- our Thanksgiving is in October, not November, so there's no "clash" of holidays.

You've given me more to ponder.... Must make decision soon, LOL!

Gena
09-10-2008, 09:24 PM
Last year a couple of local businesses put on an after-Halloween party. Everyone was asked to bring their "extra" candy to send to our troops overseas. The kids wore their costumes and there were lots of games. It was pretty fun and they collected a lot of candy.