PDA

View Full Version : Shutterfly 8x8 photo book - what to put in it?

cheme
09-10-2008, 04:54 PM
I have a free one of these to make but I'm not sure what to put in it - I usually do a 12x12 size and do a whole year. The 8x8 seems to small of a size to do that. So for those of you that have done it before...what do you put in it? Do you do them for gifts? Put pictures from one trip/a birthday/other special event?

jbrandy
09-10-2008, 05:03 PM
I have made 1 trip book in 8x8 and a book for my son Evan. The book for Evan is in the style of Eric Carle's book "Brown bear, Brown bear". In this book each page has a picture of Evan doing something with a member of our family. Each page has a verse similar to this: Evan Jeb, Evan Jeb, what do you see? I see Granny reading to me." (The verse in Carle's book is: Brown bear, brown bear, what do you see?)

My son loves this book. In fact he put it in his "All about me" bag for Kindergarten. The great thing was, they day he shared, he was able to read the book to his class because of the repetitive text on each page. He really isn't reading much yet but, can read this book.

I plan to make another for my second son around his 4th birthday.

I hope this helps.
Beth B
DS 4-4-03
DS 4-18-07

fortato
09-10-2008, 05:13 PM
I'm making a book about "Our Day". Starting with pictures of when we get up, eating breakfast...the things we do.. (I took pictures over a few days- covering music, yoga and playdates). All the way until bed time.
I think he'll like it... I know I will.

cheme
09-10-2008, 11:16 PM
Thanks - those are all great ideas!

WatchingThemGrow
09-10-2008, 11:34 PM
Oh, man, those are the cutest ideas!!!

I did one with old family photos from DH's parents. I did a family tree kind of thing. Not too creative, but we scanned the old delicate photos and uploaded them, put some name, date or place info under each picture. Not much text at all. Started with great grandparents and went to DH's family of origin, then to us. It was to show my DC their side of the family. The 70's pictures were awesome, of course.

The cool thing about it was that if they change the final pages of our family to their own, the cousins can print up the same book very simply. Heck, I just realized I can do that and give them to them as gifts!!! Yay, niece and nephew shopping is done for their birthdays!!!

squimp
09-11-2008, 03:02 AM
I'm going to do one of my DD and her friends.