PDA

View Full Version : Stokke Tripp Trapp - 2008 model?

Mikey0709
09-11-2008, 10:14 AM
Anyone know what the differences are with the new 2008 model? I can't seem to tell. Also any recommendations for the best (cheapest) place to buy? Thanks!

happy2bamom
09-11-2008, 01:19 PM
I don't have an answer to your question, sorry. But I have been searching for days to find a deal on the Tripp Trapp, I have had zero luck. Bed Bath & Beyond has them listed on their website for $229. I took my 20% coupon to the store to get an even better deal on the chair and they couldn't find any of the chairs in their system (the warehouse was empty too). I think that I've come to the realization that I'm going to have to pay full price, which totally bums me out.

Let me know if you find any deals.

Melaine
09-11-2008, 01:29 PM
I've been casually searching (ok recreationally searching cause I can't really afford it) and I've been bummed to find the same realization. I'm not seeing any real significant deals, and I don't know what the deal is with the new model. I will say that the company is VERY difficult to deal with. I was interested in becoming a retailer, but they gave me the run-around for months. I was pretty disappointed, but I still love their concept. Have you checked any of the lookalikes? Here's one that impresses me:
http://www.keekaroo.com/
It comes with a free tray right now, which Stokke doesn't offer. If I had the cash for two I might go for it (twins makes everything so expensive!). Please post if you do find some deals.

happy2bamom
09-11-2008, 03:34 PM
Thanks for the info on the Keekaroo. I decided to try it out (the free tray did it for me). I already have a Stokke for my older DS, so we'll see how this compares. Shipping is free, even for returns, so I have pretty good about the purchase.

Melaine
09-11-2008, 08:52 PM
Oh it sure would be great to hear your reviews, especially in comparison. Please don't forget to come back and give feedback. I still hope I may get some...

poppy
09-12-2008, 01:58 AM
Someone posted a good deal on Stokke's from Great Beginnings, free shipping, on stokke tripp trapp with two free cushions (beige and blue stripe) with code (Gbbaby for extra 10% off) for $249.00 plus 10% off. Not sure if it's 2008 model or not but you could probably call them and ask.

http://www.greatbeginningsonline.com/store/search.asp

Mine took a couple of weeks to get here, mainly b/c they shipped it to the wrong state but after calling customer service, they reshipped it and it is fine. It seems like a great chair.

WatchingThemGrow
09-12-2008, 06:43 AM
I will say that the company is VERY difficult to deal with. I was interested in becoming a retailer, but they gave me the run-around for months. I was pretty disappointed, but I still love their concept.

I'm sorry to hear that. My experience was different, but I wasn't trying to become a retailer or anything serious like that. I bought a couple of them off Craigslist and one had a slightly bum waist strap. One prong was broken. It still worked, but was broken a little bit. I called the company explained that I bought them second hand, and they sent me a new strap that week, free of charge.

So..if you only need them for the toddler stage and beyond and the shoulder straps aren't essential, try looking for a Kinderzeat (Stokke's older model) on CL. I've paid $60-75 and one of them came with a cushion. Same chair, just no straps and no baby rail.

Melaine
09-12-2008, 10:17 AM
Yeah I live in the boon docks and there is never anything like that on CL. I've placed multiple want ads....no one around here is up on the cool baby products! There is only one store in my state (SC) even selling Stokke, which is why I looked into becoming a retailer. I hope their customer support is better than their retail support!

AddiesMom
09-13-2008, 05:59 AM
Check the blog www spillingthebeans dot net. She has an entry on new TT chair.

Mikey0709
09-15-2008, 03:09 PM
First off - that spilling the beans website is AWESOME... thanks for telling me about that.... Next i found if you go on Stokkeusa website that they are offering a $50 rebate. i have to look more into it - but it looks like if you spend at least $249 (tripp trapp price).. you can get the rebate if you buy from one of their authorized retails. This makes it a better deal - especially if you can get it with the free cushion too? I already have one chair that i LOVE....so i know i will love the chair... just wish i could find the best price! I'm going to check more into that rebate....

happy2bamom
09-20-2008, 09:47 AM
My keekaroo arrived earlier this week and I am very happy with it. We also have the Stokke Kinderzeat for my older DS. The Keekaroo has a little higher back support, but other than that they are very similar (the design of the Stokke is more modern looking, the Keekaroo more traditional). The quality of the Keekaroo chair seems comparable to the Stokke. As far as I could tell, the Keekaroo only comes in one color. It coordinates well with the Stokke cherry color, which is what we happened to own. I also got a free tray with my Keekaroo, which is a really nice quailty and feature if you are using it for a little one.

My boys rarely use the straps on the chairs, but I prefer the straps on the Keekaroo, b/c each of the two side straps and the crotch strap are all seperate and go into a slot in the chair similar to threading a car seat strap. On the Stokke, the two side straps are once piece and bolted on to the back support. So when we broke one of the straps I had to take apart the seat and rebolt a new set of straps on.

Hope that helps. Again, the kinderzeat is the old Stokke model so I"m not sure who different the Tripp Trapp is from that model. My boys switch between the two chairs, neither really preferring one over the other.

Melaine
09-20-2008, 10:00 AM
Oh that's great...thanks so much for the comparison. The Keekaroo is still on my wishlist but I will definitely need to come up with some extra money....but a better price than stokke so glad to hear you like the quality!

ahrimie
09-30-2008, 07:03 AM
i'm looking at this highchair too...

i was at right start the other day... in the store, they're running a special for the 2008 model ($249) but they'll give you the baby rail and cushion for free. from what i can tell and i asked, the chairs are the same but the new ones have different colors. the baby rail, however, is different. the newer ones have a high.. the older ones never had a back. i guess this difference is only worthwhile if you plan on using it for an infant.

the keekaroo looks similar... but to me, i'm wondering if it's better suited for a toddler instead of an infant. the rail and strap don't seem snug enough... happytobamom, what do you think??

ahrimie
10-26-2008, 01:17 AM
update!!

i just bought our stokke at right start, since they were giving the rail and cushion for free... they also had $20 a $100 purchase, so i ended up getting all of that for $243. not bad in my opinion.