PDA

View Full Version : What kind of food for little ones at dc's 3rd bday party?

mamica
09-11-2008, 11:28 AM
I'm trying to decide what kind of - easy- lunch to serve the kids for a 3rd bday party. Party will be just kids (and a parent). Others we've been to have served PB&J uncrustables, pizza (at a party venue), or just cake/ice cream.

What have you had/seen?

carolinamama
09-11-2008, 11:37 AM
Depends on how many people. What we have seen are large party subs, chick-fil-a party platters, pizza, and easy cook out food ie hotdogs/hamburgers. If your party time falls over lunch time (1200) I would serve meal food. If it doesn't you could just do a few snacks and cake and ice cream. Have fun.

Edensmum
09-11-2008, 11:42 AM
Since there is usually plenty of sugar with cake Etc I go with fruit salad, pita and hummus, veggies, dip, goldfish, chips salsa, and other snacky lunch stuff.

Ceepa
09-11-2008, 11:43 AM
I'd stay away from PB&J unless you know that all guests are free of peanut allergies. Depending on time of day, I'd tend to cake/ice cream and maybe a few snacks. If you want a meal, why not get a pizza crust and let the kids throw on some toppings and bake it for them while they're playing.

Tondi G
09-11-2008, 12:00 PM
We've done

Pizzas, you can ask the delivery person to cut them in smaller slices

mini sandwiches (on rolls or mini croissants)

big sub sandwich from subway (it just seemed so fitting with a Scooby Doo party!)

fruit salad (or at least watermelon and strawberries or red grapes)

pasta salad

potato salad

chips n dip

vegis n dip (we buy a platter from costco and buy an extra bag of baby carrots cause those always seem to go the quickest)

I have only been to a couple of parties where they served mostly just cake and some snacks and everyone seemed to be looking around for the food!!!! I always like to serve my guests a meal.

hillview
09-11-2008, 12:42 PM
pizza!!

my sister did a grill out and that worked well too (burgers and chicken)
/hillary