PDA

View Full Version : Soccer shin guards

SummerBaby
09-11-2008, 11:57 AM
Do these go over the socks, or under the socks? I've been putting DD's under the socks, but I've seen both ways. This is all new to me! Thanks.

Val
DD1 7/04
DD2 7/07

willow33
09-11-2008, 12:03 PM
We do one pair of thin socks, then the shin guards and then his soccer socks over that. Dh plays soccer all the time so I just followed his lead :)

Melbel
09-11-2008, 12:20 PM
Under per our league rules.

hellokitty
09-11-2008, 01:32 PM
You can also buy integrated socks/shin guards and then you don't have to worry about two pieces, lol. That is what I did. I found them at target. They have them in white and black. It was a no brainer for me to get the black, I have no desire to try to get mud and grass stains out of white socks. The xs fit my son and he is very small for a 4 yr old. Good luck!

SnuggleBuggles
09-11-2008, 02:19 PM
We have an intergrated pair (kind of a pain to get on, imo) as well as the regular version. We do them under the socks.

Beth

Octobermommy
09-11-2008, 02:24 PM
Definitely under the socks.

nupe
09-11-2008, 02:26 PM
I found them at target.

Did you purchase them this summer? Were they in boys or sporting goods or somewhere else? Thanks,

Cam&Clay
09-11-2008, 09:48 PM
If you are looking for the combination shin guard/socks, I have seen them at Target and at sporting goods stores. The ones at the sporting goods stores are made by Nike and come in larger sizes than the ones at Target. My son wore them until he was about 7 and then had to switch to adult sizes. I really miss them--so much easier!

Susan
DS1 1998
DS2 12/07

hellokitty
09-11-2008, 11:13 PM
Did you purchase them this summer? Were they in boys or sporting goods or somewhere else? Thanks,

They were in the athletic section, not in the boys dept. They have a section with just soccer stuff. Sporting goods stores should carry them too. Don't get the ones with the heel straps. My friend got them for her dd and her dd refuses to wear them, b/c she says they are uncomfortable. My son who is normally very weird about his clothing seems to be comfortable with the integrated sock/shin guard combo.

hellokitty
09-11-2008, 11:16 PM
PS- Yes, I got them just a few wks ago. However, I was just at target earlier this wk and they still have their soccer stuff. Ours seemed like it was low in shoes, but there were tons of soccer balls, socks and shin guard type of equipment.