PDA

View Full Version : Setting Goals

Melaine
09-11-2008, 01:25 PM
/Resolutions/OrganizationPrioritization/Refocusing/Recommitting/.....
lol
For some reason this time of year, I always feel the need to re-center myself. (ok I feel the need more often than once a year). Maybe it's because of the school year starting (even though currently none of my family is in school), or the pressure of the busy holiday season approaching, or maybe this is just the time of year when I always get really disgusted with myself. I have so many things I want to do, so many things I want to improve, projects I want to finish, ideas I want to pursue, improvements I want to make....the list goes on. Anyone have advice for solidifying any of this? Any really helpful organizational websites? I spend a lot of time THINKING but not enough time implementing ideas for improvements. I usually end up getting so discouraged!

SnuggleBuggles
09-11-2008, 02:22 PM
I don't have much advice but I wanted to let you know I feel the same way. For me I know part of it stems from ds1 being back in school so I have more time for things around the house. I kind of put things on hold this summer so I am itching to get going. I have a list a mile long and am makingvery, very slow progress on it. I'm all about lists right now. I feel better if I write it all down. I can prioritize later. :)

Beth

Melaine
09-11-2008, 08:57 PM
At least it's not just me!

ha98ed14
09-12-2008, 03:59 AM
You need to get the book called "Getting Things Done." It is a whole organizational system and a self help book to organize your head/ thinking. It really helped my DH. He sounds very much like you, has lots of projects and ideas going on at the same time, but not necessarily the organization to keep up with himself :)

Melaine
09-12-2008, 07:43 AM
Oh thanks I will try to get ahold of it! :-)