PDA

View Full Version : How to address ds's teacher in an email?- updated

SnuggleBuggles
09-11-2008, 02:56 PM
I feel stumped about this. She goes by "Miss B..." in class. Should I address my email to her that way? By her 1st name? By Ms. B...? They all seem weird to me. Any advice?

I took the advice here and went with Ms. Full name. :)

Beth

wendibird22
09-11-2008, 02:58 PM
Personally, I would go with Ms. and her last name. I always go on the side of being more formal.

lilycat88
09-11-2008, 02:59 PM
Susanna's teacher is Ms. Janet in class but I always email her and address her in person as Janet.

lorinick
09-11-2008, 02:59 PM
I would write her whole name. The children may say Ms. B because it's hard to say. But when writting an email or letter. I'd write her full and proper name. I would only write her first name if I know her well.

lisams
09-11-2008, 03:29 PM
I'd go with Ms. B____ (her full last name).

ThreeofUs
09-11-2008, 06:15 PM
I was always taught to use the last name until the other person suggested I use their first name - just as a matter of courtesy. Of course, if she writes you back using your first name then you have been given implicit instructions to use her first name. ;)

SnuggleBuggles
09-11-2008, 07:09 PM
I was always taught to use the last name until the other person suggested I use their first name - just as a matter of courtesy. Of course, if she writes you back using your first name then you have been given implicit instructions to use her first name. ;)

She replied with her first name so I guess I can go with that in the future.

Thanks!

Beth