PDA

View Full Version : Crib Matttress

DTG
09-11-2008, 08:54 PM
Oh boy am I confused! Looking for a good mattress for my 1st. little bundle but all we have is 1 baby store & Babies R Us. So confused. Afraid to order on line with all the chat about mattresses not fitting the cribs. Is there a SEALY or KOLCRAFT that anyone recommends? Any other ideas? Thanks ~

teena
10-08-2008, 05:46 PM
I have the same question in mind. Please post us some replies. We also have one baby store( baabiesrus) in our city.

WatchingThemGrow
10-08-2008, 10:12 PM
We got a Maxipedic I think it was (a Sealy) from our BRU. It's been fine. The thing about buying a mattress locally is that you can return it right away if it doesn't fit.

DrSally
10-09-2008, 05:44 PM
I've gotten 2 baby beautyrests from BRU and like them. They are firmer than the low end Sealy/Serta (the one with the sheep). Also, I bought the one with the sheep and it was way too tight and returned it and the next one was an inch too short. Too much variation for my comfort. I returned it and got another baby beautyrest and it was perfect fit and firmer too. It's about $50 more than the the sheep one.

misshollygolightly
10-09-2008, 09:42 PM
So far, we've been happy with our Serta Perfect Comfort mattress from BRUS. Granted, DS is only 3 1/2 and spent a good chunk of the first two months sleeping in the packnplay bassinet in our bedroom, but I read a lot of reviews before choosing this particular mattress, and it seems to be a pretty good product for the money we paid. I know you can easily spend a LOT more on a crib mattress (and those more expensive ones may be worth it to you), but we've been pleased with this one so far. Plus, you'll probably be topping the mattress with a pad of some sort and a sheet (or multiple super-sheets to save yourself hassle when it comes time to change them), so that will affect how the mattress fits the crib as well as the texture. Hope that helps!