PDA

View Full Version : Ebay help please

Mommy Of A Little Angel
09-12-2008, 10:13 AM
I sold something on Ebay and stated in my auction that I could only ship to confirmed addresses. So of course, the person who won was not confirmed. The item was around $150 and I don't want to get screwed in the end. I emailed him and told him that I could not ship to an unconfirmed address and he has not responded in 2 days.

What can I do? If it weren't a pricey item I wouldn't care as much.

JTsMom
09-12-2008, 11:30 AM
Just refund, file for your fees, and relist. I wouldn't ship it either!

mamaoftwins
09-12-2008, 11:48 AM
Just refund, file for your fees, and relist. I wouldn't ship it either!
:yeahthat: I agree. I have been having a TON of trouble with buyers on ebay lately ... there must be something in the air. ;)

JTsMom
09-12-2008, 12:00 PM
It's that stupid new feedback policy! Buyers have no incentive to go through with deals, b/c nothing happens to them if they don't. They also can take longer than allowed to pay, respond with one letter to the upi dispute, and still neg the seller. It's ridiculous! /rant. :32:

crayonblue
09-12-2008, 12:35 PM
I do not have a confirmed address. Something about DH and I sharing the same credit card...his address is confirmed, mine is not. I have never caused a problem or had anyone not sell to me. I have bought and sold quite a lot on ebay.

Why do people not want to sell to an unconfirmed address?

JTsMom
09-12-2008, 12:40 PM
Because then the seller isn't covered under Paypal's Seller Protection Program. You could do a chargeback, and the seller would be out of luck. I have shipped to unconfirmed addresses many times, but not for anything over $25 or so.

I *think* if you meet certain qualifications now, and you're a power seller, you might be covered- I don't know all the details though, b/c it doesn't apply to me.