PDA

View Full Version : Land Of Nod Vs Stanley Young America Beds

jacksmomtobe
09-12-2008, 01:46 PM
Just looking for some feedback on Land of Nod or Stanley Young America Beds. I'm looking for a first bed for my 2 year old daughter. I checked out PBK and they only have antique whites and I'm looking for a true white. I like Land of Nods White Cottage Bed and Fresh Scallops Bed both seemed to get good reviews on their site. I did go check out a Young America store and saw a few items I liked. Both seem to be fairly comparable in bed prices. Both have fairly comparable delivery and set up fees. YA had slighly cheaper mattresses but they were not a name brand and I'm not against paying for a good mattress since they last so long. I would love to hear feedback on these 2 brands esp for first big girl/boy beds.

THANKS!
Kim

spanannie
09-12-2008, 01:58 PM
We have a lot of Stanley Young America in my kids' rooms. I think the quality is better than PBK or LON. Better prices, too, if you order from North Carolina. I forget which store I ordered from, but you can try to find a NC discounter that carries the line.

beansprout13
09-12-2008, 02:14 PM
We have a Stanley Young America bedroom set for DS1 (the "myHaven" collection) and we love it! The bed is an adjustable bed so we have it lower to the ground right now while DS1 is young, but we can adjust it up higher as he gets older. We also have the matching bed rails. The furniture seems to be very good quality. It has stood up to DS1 for over a year and still looks brand new.

WatchingThemGrow
09-12-2008, 02:53 PM
We have YA sets in all kid rooms - the Contentment (true white) and Serenity (cinnamon). We could not be happier with it. The price was great (free!!! to us as a generous gift from the IL's), but we would've paid for it anyway. We used Furnitureland South in NC. It is so sturdy, well-made and pretty. I love that there are SO many different pieces with each collection that you can select exactly what you want w/o having to settle on just one kind of dresser or bed. There are something like 6 different bed styles in just the white set that we chose - and then there are several more white collections - just using white as an example. Customer service has been great as well whenever we needed anything.

We got DD a full with a trundle, and we probably could've enjoyed using the full on the lower setting instead of putting the trundle underneath. I think it would just be nicer for her in that way. We are usin it on the higher setting now and it is fine with a stepstool.

Mattresses don't come with the beds. We liked the feel of the middle grade at Sam's club, but we didn't like the feel(or price) of the ones at the furniture store.

hellokitty
09-12-2008, 03:34 PM
When I researched stanley YA last yr, I discovered that their furniture is made in china. I ended up getting my son a moosehead set instead and have been extremely pleased with the quality. At the time, moosehead was closing its doors, so I was able to get the set at a very good price. However, they are back in business again and everything is still made here in the US. The furniture is solid and made in america, I thought that the quality was better than stanley YA. www.mooseheadfurniture.com