PDA

View Full Version : Awesome beads for boys

Sillygirl
09-12-2008, 02:20 PM
Jonathan likes necklaces and bracelets but all the beads sets we have found have been sparkly butterflies and fairies etc. which he doesn't really like. My local toy store just got this set in from Melissa and Doug:
http://www.amazon.com/Tribal-Beads-Pieces-Melissa-Doug/dp/B000PU5U4G
and Jonathan LOVES them.

hellokitty
09-12-2008, 02:53 PM
Cute! Maybe I will get those when my boys are a little bit older. That's too bad that there is no sliding top on it. How strange. I always though M&D had sliding covers...

new_mommy25
09-12-2008, 03:48 PM
That's a great idea! My kids love "sewing" and I haven't seen a boy set since DS outgrew the lacing beads.

As for the sliding top, a lot of the M&D sets don't have it. It's a little annoying but okay if you make sure to store upright. I am a huge fan of mesh lingerie bags. They are only about $1-2. I have about a dozen and use them for wooden puzzles and M&D sets. I also always save the zippered bags you get when you buy sheets, pillowcases, pillows etc. and use those for toy storage. With the clear plastic bags and the lingerie bags you can see what is inside but everything is contained if the contents get spilled.

hellokitty
09-12-2008, 04:16 PM
That's a great idea! My kids love "sewing" and I haven't seen a boy set since DS outgrew the lacing beads.

As for the sliding top, a lot of the M&D sets don't have it. It's a little annoying but okay if you make sure to store upright. I am a huge fan of mesh lingerie bags. They are only about $1-2. I have about a dozen and use them for wooden puzzles and M&D sets. I also always save the zippered bags you get when you buy sheets, pillowcases, pillows etc. and use those for toy storage. With the clear plastic bags and the lingerie bags you can see what is inside but everything is contained if the contents get spilled.

Lol, I reuse those vinyl zip bags from linens too! They are GREAT for toys and I love it for when we have to travel and instead of having toys floating around in my bag, I can keep them all in the see through zip up bag. :)