PDA

View Full Version : Two Adults on a Queen Aerobed?

belovedgandp
09-12-2008, 10:40 PM
We're looking at beginning a trend of house guests. I've read good things about the Aerobed. Has anyone actually slept two adults on one? I'm trying to figure out if I'd be ahead to buy a queen or two twins.

sidmand
09-12-2008, 11:43 PM
My Dad and his wife spent over a week with us sleeping on a Queen Aerobed! We actually have a different kind of Queen inflatable bed and his wife specifically shipped the Aerobed one right to us. So I guess it works fine. I don't know the exact model or name, but theirs has two inflatable layers so it's about 18 inches of inflatable mattress. DS likes to jump on it :ROTFLMAO:

But totally big enough for two normal sized adults.

rgavelis
09-12-2008, 11:51 PM
This is so weird. I just spent the week at a friend's house using the queen Aerobed and my husband and I slept fine on it. We only had to pump it twice while we were using it. It was very comfortable. I was actually thinking about buying this one to replace the other one we have.

nrp
09-12-2008, 11:58 PM
I got our Queen Aerobed at Costco three months ago with their coupon ($30 off, I think - they have these occasionally). It is the double-layer one that PP mentioned. My dad slept on it for a couple of nights and my aunt slept on it for almost a week. Both said it was really comfortable. As for two adults sleeping on it, I think you would be fine so long as they aren't especially large people.

One additional plus - DD loves to jump on it!

belovedgandp
09-13-2008, 12:19 AM
Thanks for the info. I was actually looking at the Costco one on-line tonight.

AngelaS
09-13-2008, 07:29 AM
We have the double high Aerobed too and my folks have slept on it as well as the inlaws and several other couples. They've all said it's great. :)

sidmand
09-13-2008, 12:48 PM
Thanks for the info. I was actually looking at the Costco one on-line tonight.

My Dad's wife LOVES Costco so that's probably where it came from! I didn't even realize that, but that makes sense.

bekahjean
09-17-2008, 12:29 PM
My husband and I used one of the double height queen beds as our only bed for about a month and a half. We were in the process of moving, and we used that until our furniture arrived. They really are very comfortable! Bed Bath and Beyond usually has them in stock and you can use the 20% off coupon.

jhamman
09-17-2008, 01:26 PM
Our queen-size Aerobed must be at least ten years old,
and it hasn't had a single leak yet.

We've had grandparents & other houseguests sleep on it,
and they have all said it was very comfortable (and in fact,
have gone home to purchase them for their own houseguests).

We have the old-fashioned single-layer Aerobed, so it is
very low to the ground. If I were to replace our current one,
I would get the double-height bed, for the sake of older guests.

(Oh, I also purchased the kid-size Aerobed a few weeks back,
after seeing the post about the sale on Amazon -- DS loves it!).

lowrioh
09-17-2008, 02:43 PM
As for two adults sleeping on it, I think you would be fine so long as they aren't especially large people.

My DH and I are pretty big with a combined weight of around 450 pounds. We are very tall rather than super wide though. The queen aerobed managed the weight and worked great for us.

niccig
09-17-2008, 07:45 PM
I say to get the double high as well. MIL found our low queen aerobed to be comfortable, but it was too difficult getting in and out. A higher one would be perfect.