PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning a Mildewed Stroller

Puddy73
09-13-2008, 08:13 AM
DH insisted that our Zooper Sport would be fine in the outdoor shed (that's a story for the Bitching Post!), but when I took it out this morning it was covered with mildew. It looks horrible and it reeks. I can try an Oxy soak on part of the cover, but I don't think that the canopy is removable. Any suggestions for getting rid of the mildew?

kep
09-13-2008, 08:53 AM
Well, I would be buying a new stroller. But that's just me. I don't deal mold/mildew very well. Plus, other than soaking the cover and canopy in bleach (which would obviously ruin it), I don't know how you could ever be sure that you got all the mold spores out.

Wife_and_mommy
09-13-2008, 09:28 AM
Well, I would be buying a new stroller. But that's just me. I don't deal mold/mildew very well. Plus, other than soaking the cover and canopy in bleach (which would obviously ruin it), I don't know how you could ever be sure that you got all the mold spores out.

:yeahthat: Time to go shopping.:boogie:

nov04
09-13-2008, 09:31 AM
I would be concerned about lingering mould too.

bubbaray
09-13-2008, 10:22 AM
I'd call zooper and ask if they sell "skins". If not, yup, time to go shopping.

mamicka
09-13-2008, 10:49 AM
I would try to clean it before buying new. I wouldn't use bleach, but I'd try vinegar & tea tree oil. Both kill mold. I'd remove the fabric I could & soak it in a bucket & then put the rest of the stroller in the bathtub & soak it there. You might have some staining but I think killing all the mold is definitely possible. Seems wasteful to buy new but that's just me.

CAM7
09-13-2008, 05:06 PM
After cleaning maybe try parking it outside in the sun...and let it air dry!