PDA

View Full Version : Ipod Shuffle questions? Do I have to use iTunes?

happymomma
09-13-2008, 10:19 AM
I just got an IPOD shuffle and I was wondering if I have to use iTunes in order to load the music onto it? I want to make a selection of workout music but I have nothing in my library like that. So I am looking to find cheaper songs to download and not have to pay $1 per song. At that rate it'll cost me an arm and a leg to have 20 songs. Thanks

nfowife
09-13-2008, 11:44 AM
You can buy songs from walmart.com that say they are compatible with itunes and use itunes for that. But I'm pretty sure you must use itunes with any ipod. You can also import songs you already have on CD into itunes as well. As long as they are in mp3 format you should be able to use itunes with songs bought elsewhere. Also itunes sells workout mixes at a less $$ price when you buy the whole collection, that might be an idea if you just need a good beat and aren't super picky about specific songs.

SammyeGail
09-13-2008, 03:12 PM
I or DH have no idea how, but a friend of his says its all about reformatting the song, he does it. A while back DH bought me a shuffle and an itunes gift card but didn't like not being able to scroll and choose what song, so I took it back. I thought I'd buy a lower memory (I don't need 500 songs, lol) older one on ebay but never found anything, honestly I had no idea what I was looking at. My new cell phone will hold songs, depending on what size memory card I buy, I'm sure its MP3, so we'll have to try to reformat what I have on the computer on itunes.

Good luck, if you know any techies, maybe they can help you with the process, DH seems to think he can do it....we'll see, lol.

Samantha