PDA

View Full Version : Love ya BBB members!

elektra
09-13-2008, 11:58 PM
Just want to do a sort of anti-bitch and say that I think this board rocks.

Ok so this is actually prompted by the horrible experience I just had at MDC. I seriously did not last a week. I just saw that my posts there have been erased and I will now never even lurk there again. There is so much more I could go off about but I want to just forget it and let it go.

But I think that part of the reason I was so floored, hurt and just bewildered was because of the great experiences I have had here. I was spoiled I guess!
So thanks ladies and gentlemen!

MontrealMum
09-14-2008, 11:49 PM
So sorry to hear that you had a bad experience. I've not spent much time there...mostly because I get so much support, and great advice here :) I'd just try to forget and move on if I were you.

mdb78
09-14-2008, 11:55 PM
I only went in there once and that was my last. To me it doesn't compare to this board. :)

newmomto1
09-15-2008, 12:06 AM
Ok so this is actually prompted by the horrible experience I just had at MDC.

Just curious...what's MDC????

BTW, I think this place is awesome too!
It seems like any issue or problem I am having...I can come here & get instant advice/answers.
It's the best
:grouphug:

KBecks
09-15-2008, 07:19 AM
MDC is mothering.com. It's a very, very big board.

Are you sure your posts got erased? The board has a lot of action and so your posts could have been bumped a few pages back.... if your posts were removed a moderator would have written you, I think. Check your profile and see if you can find your own posts from there. I prefer the BBB community as well, although MDC has some specialty areas (Montessori, anti-circ, breastfeeding/lactivism) that I find interesting to check in on. It can get rough though.

maestramommy
09-15-2008, 08:25 AM
So sorry you had a bad experience. But we're glad you're here!:)

egoldber
09-15-2008, 09:31 AM
MDC is definitely an acquired taste. ;) Like Karen, I like it for the specialty forums. And I am addicted to the Jon&Kate + 8 thread there. :p

Bens Momma
09-15-2008, 10:16 AM
I second the positive accolades for this board! I can't say enough about the wise, caring people that participate here! The advice and virtual shoulders to lean on have gotten me through many challenges of parenthood and everyday life!

:grouphug:
Momma to 2 ACTIVE DS

Glizmo
09-15-2008, 10:19 AM
I also have to chime in - I don't post here as often as I'd like but just lurking around has helped me a ton! The mamas on here are great!! :love-retry:

ThreeofUs
09-15-2008, 11:06 AM
Sorry about your bad experience, but ITA about loving this board. What a great community!

elizabethkott
09-15-2008, 11:36 AM
ITA! I love this board!!! People are so supportive of one another, and the advice and tips here are always phenominal. :)
I wish every IRL community of people was like here!

hellokitty
09-15-2008, 02:55 PM
I'm happy to hear that you like BBB and sorry to hear you had a negative exp at MDC. I've had a mix of both positive and negative exp with both BBB and MDC. I tend to come here to ask/talk about certain things and tend to go to MDC for certain topics that wouldn't be well received here and vice versa. Either way, at least you have found a place that you do like. :)