PDA

View Full Version : How early did you use the Tripp Trapp/Kinderzeat?

kijip
09-14-2008, 02:56 AM
I have a large gift certificate to the Right Start and need literally nothing they have to sell (if they sold decent cloth diapers, then I would be in the money). I am thinking about putting it towards a Tripp Trapp. The gift card would get me most of the way there- less out of pocket for me than a modestly priced high chair. This was a splurge purchase I resisted with T. If I get the baby bar, can this truly replace the regular high chair? Bear in mind we won't start solids till the baby is sitting well etc. We have limited space, one long term use seat would be nice. It was a very generous gift certificate to receive and if I don't spend it on this seat, I guess I will go on a Robeez/book/little stuff spree at some point. I have car seat, strollers, all the used gear a person could possibly utilize.

vludmilla
09-14-2008, 11:26 AM
We started using ours around 6 months. I remember using the bouncy seat for a short period of time during feedings. We really love our TT.

LBW
09-14-2008, 11:36 AM
I think we started using our first one at around 9 months, but that was before they were selling the baby seat attachment in the US. Our now 5-year old still uses it. We started using our second one earlier - I think around 6 months - with the baby seat. DS2, at 2, now uses it without the baby seat. I'm now debating getting a third one for DS3, since we love them so much, or giving the baby DS2's seat. (Not sure if that will go over too well! :))

cpapay
09-14-2008, 11:15 PM
We started using the Tripp Trapp when DD was about 7 mo old and sitting up quite well. We didn't have any other highchair.....she has always loved the chair and at 2 1/2 can climb right up in "her chair" for meals. =)

carrie

MontrealMum
09-14-2008, 11:22 PM
Just for sitting (while I was cooking, cleaning etc.) sometime in the 5th month (he had good head support early on). Then for the same, and for his own feedings in the 6th month. The shoulder straps don't quite stay where there supposed to, so we use a twisty-tie in the back to get them nice and snug. DS LOVES being at the table, and in the kitchen - at the center of the action!