PDA

View Full Version : Whatever your political leanings...

Twoboos
09-14-2008, 09:18 AM
You cannot deny that Tina Fey looks just like Sarah Palin (or, that Palin looks just like Fey)!! I mean really, it's almost scary!

This was a skit from last nights' Saturday Night Live, and it does make fun of both Palin and Clinton. This is posted in the spirit of fun and meant for a laugh!! (But I apologize in advance if it offends. Even if you don't watch the skit, at least look at Fey-as-Palin - amazing!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc3Zxq078ns

egoldber
09-14-2008, 09:27 AM
I have to say, the very first time I ever saw Palin, my FIRST thought was "OMG, Tina Fey is going to have a FIELD DAY!!!" :ROTFLMAO:

cdlamis
09-14-2008, 09:27 AM
I TIVO'd it just to watch Tina Fey! It was hilarious! She was meant to play this role.

ilfaith
09-14-2008, 09:38 AM
Thanks for posting the link. I'd planed to watch SNL last night just to see this...but I dozed off toward the end of the 11:00 news and woke up halfway through Phelps' "monologue".

And the skit was an equal opportunity offender. Not that I was offended. Too bad the rest of the show didn't live up to the opening sketch (because I continued to watch, not quite realizing for the first 45 mintues that I'd slept through Tina Fey).

octmom
09-14-2008, 09:44 AM
That was hilarious!

hellokitty
09-14-2008, 09:56 AM
Lol, I loved that!!!!

Georgia
09-14-2008, 10:07 AM
That's it! I'm going door-to-door for Obama. Because if Sarah Palin wins then Tina Fey has to go back to SNL to play her every week and I don't get my 30 Rock. That is NOT change that I can believe in.

fortato
09-14-2008, 10:19 AM
I wish the rest of the show was as good as the opener....

Michael Phelps was just not funny. But Clinton and Palin were hilarious!!!

kayte
09-14-2008, 10:43 AM
That's it! I'm going door-to-door for Obama. Because if Sarah Palin wins then Tina Fey has to go back to SNL to play her every week and I don't get my 30 Rock. That is NOT change that I can believe in.

LOL!!!!

That made me giggle almost as much as the skit!!!

newmomto1
09-14-2008, 03:06 PM
If I didn't KNOW that was Tina Fey...I would've totally thought it was Sarah Palin! Tina nailed it!

linsei
09-14-2008, 03:16 PM
It looks like they pulled it d/t copyright issues. I wanted to see it!

tylersmama
09-14-2008, 03:22 PM
http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/video/clips/palin-hillary-open/656281/

lisams
09-14-2008, 04:20 PM
And she sounded just like her, the same accent or whatever it is. We got a good laugh out of it, for sure! I loved when she made the comment about Tina Fey's glasses!

jk3
09-14-2008, 08:08 PM
I wish the rest of the show was as good as the opener....

Michael Phelps was just not funny. But Clinton and Palin were hilarious!!!

I completely agree!

kijip
09-14-2008, 10:06 PM
You have to wonder if this means Fey will vote for McCain in order to keep the business! :ROTFLMAO:

The resemblance is uncanny. I am not sure she quite has the voice, but it is very very close.

Who is impersonating McCain and Obama? Whatever your political leanings satire and caricature are a longstanding tradition in American politics. :)

Georgia
09-14-2008, 11:20 PM
You have to wonder if this means Fey will vote for McCain in order to keep the business! :ROTFLMAO:

If you're as big a 30 Rock junkie as I am, perhaps you remember this line when Tina Fey's character was confessing stuff to her boyfriend that people wouldn't know about her:

“There is an 80% chance in the next election that I will tell all my friends I am voting for Barack Obama, but I will secretly vote for John McCain.”

So now she has an even bigger reason!

kellij
09-15-2008, 12:44 AM
Awesome!! I thought they'd do that, but then we missed it. Thank you so much for posting it. Too funny! I can't believe how well Tina had her down. I don't know how she did that mouth thing Palin does.