PDA

View Full Version : I-phone/Blackberry/simple phone

Sopamanda
09-14-2008, 09:50 AM
Let's talk cell phones. I seem to have this unnatural desire for something fandangled (I'm really quite a simple girl).

What do you love about your fandangled phone and what do the monthly fees run???

Sopamanda

BillK
09-14-2008, 10:22 AM
I love my Verizon Blackberry Curve.

I love having my email (both work and home) wherever I am - I love being able to use Google (or the web in general) whenever I need it - I love the free "Infospace" app for Blackberrys where you can look up anything for a phone number or address, call it, map it and add it to your address book with a simple click of the trackball. I love that I can make my own ringtones with my Blackberry easily and not have to pay some ridiculous $1.99/each price for 22 seconds of a song. I love that I can sync my BB with Outlook. I love the million different FREE apps/themes/ringtones for the Blackberry for darn near anything you can think of. Being able to access Facebook could be fun if you're into that sort of thing.

But best of all is.....

FREE PACMAN for Blackberrys! :ROTFLMAO:

My monthly plan is $129 with Verizon - this includes my Blackberry (with unlimited data/web), my wife's Razr, my dad's Razr Maxx and my mother in-law's little Samsung phone - 700 family share minutes per month - we pay per text - but I think VZW offers a few inexpensive unlimited text packages.

niccig
09-15-2008, 07:52 PM
We're with AT&T, and DH has an iPhone. Our phone is $86 + taxes, all up $100 a month for 2 lines and a unlimited data plan for the iphone. I'm thinking of upgrading my phone, but I don't think I'll go for a data plan. With AT&T it's $30 a month, that's an extra $360 a year, and for me, I don't need email/web access when I'm out and about. I don't think DH does either, but that's a whole other post.

I posted the other day about getting calendars on your mobile phone. Turns out, I can sync my current phone to iCal or with google - need to download a program for google calendar. That's about all I need, so I'm resisiting the upgrade, although I would like a phone with full keyboard - I'm terrible with my current phone keys.

I would look at what you would use it for, and go with that. AT&T is expensive, so another carrier might be cheaper.

kransden
09-16-2008, 12:20 AM
I had a Blackberry Pearl (T-mobile) and had a lot of dropped calls, not so on my Nokia replacement. DH now has an iphone (ATT), which he LOVES, but it doesn't work in our house. So ask people locally how good the phones work too.

BeachBum
09-16-2008, 01:18 PM
I'm surprised you didn't get more responses.

I got an iphone and just love it. My previous phones didn't have email, internet etc so this is a major upgrade. I don't work, but I do find myself using a lot of the features. I just didn't realize how convenient it was to have some of those features on my phone until I got them. We use google maps a lot and the internet to look up phone numbers on the go.
I really like the touch screens, and find the menu/ icons very very easy to use. I found all that digging down with my other phones so frustrating. Like many apple products, you can just pick up this phone and "get it". It is so intuitive.

As for costs, I can't help as we have 2 iphones and 4 other phones on our plan.

ZeeBaby
09-16-2008, 01:37 PM
I just got an iphone yesterday as well and I am totally thrilled. DH had it for a year now, but I stuck with my old razr. This phone is a HUGE upgrade and so far I am very pleased with it. I brought a case for it, since you can't get insurance on most pda phones.