PDA

View Full Version : I CANNOT believe this worked!!!

newmomto1
09-15-2008, 01:03 AM
Lately DD has really had a hard time falling asleep.
She does great with her nap, but for some reason at night she cries & calls for us...or she'll play, sing, talk, whatever...sometimes for HOURS.
It's a total bummer because when she does this I feel like she's so tired the next day at her activities.
We are pretty good about not taking her out of the crib unless she is wet, etc.
ANYWAY...tonight she just cried & cried & cried. DH went in a couple times, changed her diaper, rubbed her back, etc. But, as soon as he would leave she was screaming & crying again.
At one point she sounded so pathetic I HAD to go in. Before I did...DH is like.."Do NOT cuddle her!" Which I know is right...but of course what I wanted to do.
So, I go in & the poor thing was just a wreck...crying so hard it broke my heart!
I went over, rubbed her back, & told her to take deep breaths & "blow out the candle".
I started doing it & she immediately imitated me. Right away she calmed down. I did it w/ her a few more times & then told her night night & left the room.
After I left, DH & I could hear her "blowing out the candles" through the monitor.
She was asleep within minutes after that.
We were SHOCKED...I mean, hello...she is only 20 months old...I cannot believe she "got it".
I know it sounds silly...but I felt so proud of her :love-retry:
Anyway, I just wanted to share..
:)

mdb78
09-15-2008, 01:11 AM
Are you sure she didn't pass out from taking big deep breaths and blowing out. j/k! :p It does happen to some people!

With my dd, I have to act like I'm sleeping. After 20 minutes of her acting like she has a party in her crib, she finally falls asleep. I'll give the blowing candle a try. Knowing her, she'll probably be cracking up. :)

newmomto1
09-15-2008, 01:28 AM
Are you sure she didn't pass out from taking big deep breaths and blowing out. j/k! :p It does happen to some people!

:eek: OMG!!!
I just read your post & ran in to check on her (I am not kidding!).
That thought really did not cross my mind!
She looks good though & is sleeping peacefully.
:)