PDA

View Full Version : Let's Vote!

newmomto1
09-15-2008, 01:19 AM
Just for fun...and anonymously!
I just think it would be interesting to see if the results here match what really happens.
:)

KBecks
09-15-2008, 07:17 AM
I'm waiting to see the results of the Weekly Reader poll -- the kids have called the election with greater accuracy than any other poll. I think it comes out in late October.

newmomto1
09-16-2008, 07:02 PM
Bumping up
:18:

ShanaMama
09-16-2008, 07:07 PM
As has been noted here in the past, this board is not neccesarily indicative of the greater population's voting habits. You may disagree but I've found the board to lean heavily to the left. (I still love it here :)! )

Gena
09-16-2008, 07:27 PM
No option for those voting for 3rd party candidates?

kijip
09-18-2008, 01:17 AM
As has been noted here in the past, this board is not neccesarily indicative of the greater population's voting habits.

Of course not, because the country is not limited to only 20-45 year old women and mothers. Demographics are a huge part of how people vote.

Unrelated to that, glad to see no one (at least not openly) is just not voting at all. It seems nuts to me that we revere democracy but at the same time only about a quarter of us get our butts to the polls or a stamp on our ballot envelopes. ;)

missym
09-18-2008, 10:39 PM
Unrelated to that, glad to see no one (at least not openly) is just not voting at all. It seems nuts to me that we revere democracy but at the same time only about a quarter of us get our butts to the polls or a stamp on our ballot envelopes. ;)

I may still change my mind, but at this point I am not planning to vote in the presidential race. It's not always a case of laziness; sometimes declining to vote is a choice made after careful consideration.

newmomto1
09-19-2008, 12:12 AM
I may still change my mind, but at this point I am not planning to vote in the presidential race. It's not always a case of laziness; sometimes declining to vote is a choice made after careful consideration.

I know others who feel the same as you..one being my own mother!

kijip
09-19-2008, 01:34 PM

Not voting in that race is one thing, the fact remains that roughly half of us don't register to vote at all and about half of registered voters don't turn out typically. I doubt that is a carefully considered choice for most, but rather apathy or just not seeing the point or caring about politics at all.