PDA

View Full Version : Melbel.... calling Melbel

AuGoldie
09-15-2008, 01:57 AM
Hi there,

I'm new to the boards and I was going through the feeding board and I ran into your post about your problems with thrush and breastfeeding and my heart just went out to you. I wanted to see how you've been doing lately as the post is a couple of months old. I really hope it's all cleared up and you and baby are healthy and happy.

God Bless,
Jackie

Melbel
09-15-2008, 06:32 AM
Jackie,

You are so sweet to think of us. Believe it or not, unfortunately we are STILL suffering from thrush, 3.5 months, countless home remedies, probiotics and about 10 prescriptions later. Somehow, through all of this , I have had the willpower to exclusively BF. I finally now have a prescription for fluconazole for the baby, but need to get the infectious disease doctor to fill a new script for me since mine is about out. I found some studies showing that a combination of treatments creates a synergistic effect for resistant cases which may be worth a try. I also think/hope that a reason I can not rid myself of the infection is that the baby has not received systemic treatment that we now have. I have expanded my diet to include fruit, dairy and some carbs, along with meat and vegetables, but still no breads, sodas or sweets. Thankfully, most days I am feeling better than early on and my weight loss has stabilized since expanding my diet. This has not been easy, but with the support here, it has at least been more bearable. Thanks again for your thoughts.

AuGoldie
09-15-2008, 11:22 AM
I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better and making headway in treatment. I know that this must be so difficult for you and your family and I really admire your determination. Keep up the good work I know you will get better soon.
God Bless,
Jackie