PDA

View Full Version : I got what I wished for and now I'm scared...

HIU8
09-15-2008, 12:56 PM
DH and I had our anniversary yesterday. We went out to a special dinner and DH proceeded to tell me that he really now wants to have a third DC. (I had a thread a few weeks ago about how upset I was that DH told me he was done). What changed his mind. He realized that nothing matters except his family and he wants to make it one bigger. This time though--he prefers we have an amnio (his sister was mentally disabled). Ok, so I really wanted another DC as well. Now that it looks like we will start TTC I'm freaked out. This means another appointment with the RE and another IUI or series of. So, why am I so scared to do this now???????????? Sometimes I could just clobber myself. OYE

CAM7
09-15-2008, 01:10 PM
Yea! Congrats!!

... you may want him to define this a little more for you though?...

This time though--he prefers we have an amnio

HIU8
09-15-2008, 01:15 PM
That is because of his sister. I can understand his concern. I'm not against it. Last time we did the Nuchal Translucency test (don't know the proper name for it) and I was a very very low risk, so we opted not to do it. This time I will be 38 and depending on my risk we would probably opt to do it.

Tondi G
09-15-2008, 01:15 PM
HUGS.. I know exactly how you are feeling. MY DH did the same thing to me on our anniversary ... he was hell bent on not having anymore kids and I guess changed his mind pending on if we can get into a home with some more space. I started feeling anxious right then and there... and I have an IUD that has to be removed before anything happens anyways!

HUGS... it will all be fine. This is what you wanted... and nothing is done just yet. get started when you feel confident and ready to jump in to it!

Hope the IUI takes on the first go round and that it is a healthy pregnancy for you! Good luck!

~Tondi

elektra
09-15-2008, 01:25 PM
LOL. Maybe your DH is using reverse psychology on you. ;) I don't mean to make light of the serious situation planning for a child, your DH's worries about the amnio, etc. but you are too funny about admitting that you are now thinking of things differently now that DH is on board. :)
I can definitely relate, and I'm sure others can too. Once DH is on board with what you know isn't an easy request, it's so easy to just back track and think, "oh wait, maybe he was right to begin with and I was pushing for x for the wrong reasons."
Having a baby is a BIG deal. And for me, even when I knew I really wanted a baby, as soon as the decision, and then the pregnancy became a reality, I felt overwhelmed and a bit scared too. Like life was moving forward too quickly and out of my control.
If that's how you feel, I wouldn't necessarily think that it means you don't really want or aren't ready for baby #3. Maybe it's just that you have been so focused on making the case for it, that now that DH is on board, it just changes your perspective and priorities a bit.
Maybe try to think again why you wanted #3 before you got resistance from DH in an effort to focus on those "right" reasons for doing it.
Good luck. :)

CAM7
09-15-2008, 01:29 PM
I'm not against it.

Ok cool. Coz when you said "So, why am I so scared to do this now????????????" I thought...hmmm...maybe it was the amnio he suggested?

But how exciting for you to be planning on TTC!!! :-) Don't worry about being 38... I was 41 when I had DS!

hellokitty
09-15-2008, 01:46 PM
Lol, we are in the same shoes! My DH agreed to ttc #3 after me bugging him about it for a long time and he insisting he was finished with having babies. Now, *I* am the one who has cold feet about it. I totally understand your feelings. I have some infertility issues too, although with baby #2, got pg w/o needing any extra help. So, I too am dreading that I might have to end up dealing with infertility issues again.

SnuggleBuggles
09-15-2008, 01:49 PM
Have fun TTC! :) I understand the scared feeling well. :)

Beth

gatorsmom
09-15-2008, 02:41 PM
Oh yay! I saw your subject line and got so excited for you!!! You sounded so, so sad in your last post about this subject so this is good news!

And of course you are nervous. It's so normal to be nervous about a big decision like this. This is a big change so anxiety and uncertainty is to be expected.

I'll be saying some prayers that everything goes smoothly for you. :)

ThreeofUs
09-15-2008, 05:34 PM
I understand totally, and think it's pretty normal to be freaked out by the sudden change. I mean, you were bringing yourself around to accepting the "no more children" line that he had, so it's natural to be a little uneasy at a quick change (even if it's a change you want).

Best of luck TTC!

buddyleebaby
09-15-2008, 06:22 PM
:bighand:

Yay for TTC! I am so happy he came around!

I agree that being freaked out is completely normal. I know I was. It's a huge, life changing event.

MamaKath
09-16-2008, 09:50 PM
Happy TTCing!!! Best of luck...